Author Topic: Throttle and Yoke Desk Mount  (Read 1874 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Throttle and Yoke Desk Mount
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
First thing I want to say is, that is a glorious masterpiece. Second thing is, that is WAY more than I want to build. But I want to reiterate, that is a glorious masterpiece.  :aok

LOL! Thanks, it looks more impressive than it really is. Only took a couple hours to whip it up.

I was going to suggest the same as Ack Ack. There are a few companies out there that build different type of stands or brackets that may work out for you.

Thanks again.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2021, 04:10:37 PM »
Fugitive that desk looks fantastic.  The curved, bevelled front edge is killer.

I made a poor man's version of Monster's HOTAS mounts using a couple of inline clamps I bought, some 1"x1/4" aluminum flat bar, and 4 garage door track right angle mounting brackets and some wood scrap I had laying around.

The inline clamps are available from Amazon:  Bessey Inline clamp

My shop skills aren't enviable, but these things work very well and clamp tight and solid with no play.  They remove easily with just a flick of the clamp levers, and I can easily switch from center mount joystick to side mount.   I found the key to keeping the brackets from sliding on the desk surface was to glue open cell foam pads on the inside of the bracket where it contacts the desk surface.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 04:12:49 PM by oboe »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2021, 06:00:09 PM »
What did you come up with? Pic?

Like what fugitive did, but not as glorious. Mine is pretty much pieces of plywood cobbled together
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2021, 06:56:37 PM »
I built mine too. I built the desk too so I had a plan  :devil

Mine stow under the desk so I can use the desk/computer for other things (first picture) Using 2 sets of hinges I could split the arms to fold back. Second picture shows the setup half open. Last picture shows it in the up/ready position. The slide locks hold it up. The plates the controllers are screwed to have changed as I have changed controllers.

Look at all those snack crumbs under the desk   :D :D :D

You need a cordless handheld vacuum   :rofl

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2021, 06:59:34 PM »
Fugitive that desk looks fantastic.  The curved, bevelled front edge is killer.

I made a poor man's version of Monster's HOTAS mounts using a couple of inline clamps I bought, some 1"x1/4" aluminum flat bar, and 4 garage door track right angle mounting brackets and some wood scrap I had laying around.

(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

The inline clamps are available from Amazon:  Bessey Inline clamp

My shop skills aren't enviable, but these things work very well and clamp tight and solid with no play.  They remove easily with just a flick of the clamp levers, and I can easily switch from center mount joystick to side mount.   I found the key to keeping the brackets from sliding on the desk surface was to glue open cell foam pads on the inside of the bracket where it contacts the desk surface.

The only problem with coming up with something that looks good is now the wife wants me to build one for her sewing machine!

Look at all those snack crumbs under the desk   :D :D :D

You need a cordless handheld vacuum   :rofl

:salute

:neener:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 07:55:26 PM »

Snip

That is ridiculous.. I would not be able to play with that set up.... your area is waaaayyyy  to tidy for my liking I would find it so distracting

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2021, 10:14:59 PM »
HA! I just tidied up for the photo, rest assured its already messy again.

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 05:28:35 PM »
I bought the Monster desk mounts for my controllers.  Great product.

I was looking at those. Didn't think they had a x52 version one, but it looks like they do. Probably will end up going this route.