Author Topic: joystick desk mount  (Read 1063 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
joystick desk mount
« on: July 29, 2021, 03:02:59 PM »
In response to a post in General.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: joystick desk mount
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
I made a poor man's version of Monster's HOTAS mounts using a couple of inline clamps I bought, some 1"x1/4" aluminum flat bar, and 4 garage door track angle brackets and some wood scrap I had laying around.

The inline clamps are available from Amazon:  Bessey Inline clamp

My shop skills aren't enviable, but these things work very well and clamp tight and solid with no play.  They remove easily with just a flick of the clamp levers, and I can easily switch from center mount joystick to side mount.   I found the key to keeping the brackets from sliding on the desk surface was to glue open cell foam pads on the inside of the bracket where it contacts the desk surface.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »
Very nice Oboe! What joystick is that?? The throttle appears to be Hotas Thrustmaster
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 07:33:19 PM »
Thanks,  It's the Warthog joystick, with the base plate removed.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »
Stay away from the J-PEIN desk mounts.  Quality is average and documentation on how to put the mounts together is non-existent because there have been so many updates to the J-PEIN mounts, the South Korean company that makes them never kept up updating the instructions.

Monster mounts were a little more than the J-PEIN mounts by about $20 but the quality of materials, instructions and easy to put together make it a far better product and if you are going to buy route for a desktop mount, the way to go.  It took about a month to get the Monster mounts from Germany due to shipping restrictions at the time during the height of the pandemic.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »
Nice setup!