Author Topic: T-34/85 dominance  (Read 5781 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Re: T-34/85 dominance
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2021, 09:30:47 PM »
If the rumors are true that there are players out there using a ginned-up reshader to see through trees, then this discussion is moot. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2021, 10:14:22 PM »
I think it has been stated that perks were to maintain something that resembled the ratios od usage in the war.  If true, then T-34 should be dominant and T2 rare.  by that measure the perks are correct.

WRT the C-hog. It was a very rare plane in the war so it was perked to restore historical numbers as much as to cut back on it’s dominance.  So I’m on the fence about trying to limit use of the war’s most prolific tank.

I did a little search on perks, and found this:

"The perk system is a way for HTC to introduce some interesting but otherwise unbalancing planes on a limited basis but the benefits go deeper than that. Perk planes (and vehicles) would be things like Me 262s, Ta 152s, Tempests, B-29s, Ar 234s, Tiger IIs, etc. These are interesting rides but would be very unbalancing if they were available on an unlimited basis. So there won't be unlimited availability but they'll be available as bonuses or perks."

https://www.hitechcreations.com/features/perk-points

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »
Something has changed with the T34/85 ammo/armor. Shots that killed Panzer's and M4's 8 months ago now do nothing. That includes deadly side shots. Shots being fired, that appear to go through the enemy gv, with no effect. Point blank (50 yd.) shots that do nothing to a Wirbl. A kill shot that takes the gv 3 to 4 seconds to explode (may be lag).

With all this, we have to remember, Hitech can't/wont do anything without film.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »
I have not seen any changes over the years in where gv's are vulnerable nor in how many shots it takes to kill a given gv. That seems constant. Non of
the updates has changed any of the damage models.

I mostly use the M-8 and I have to hit a specific spot on a gv to get a kill. I have killed Panthers, Tiger 1's, T-34/85's, T-34/76's,
Wirbles, Ostwinds, Panzer F, Panzer H, M-4's of the three varieties, and all three Hetzer versions. All GV's take 3 shots with AP rounds for the kill, with
the exception the Tiger 1 takes 5 rounds. Every gv has a specific spot where they are vulnerable. I cannot kill a Tiger 2.

The Panzer F and H can be killed with two rounds if you get behind them.  I have killed Panzer F's and H's with one shot,
but you have to be high above looking down. You can pop the turret of the T-34/76 and 85 version with one shot from high above or from behind point blank.

There is nothing wrong with HiTech's Perk system. No changes need to be made. It is more than fair for everyone. If a player concentrates on learning one specific gv he or she can get really good if they practice offline and learn the vulnerabilities of every gv. It takes time and patience.

I have observed players take a Tiger 2 to a spawn battle and attempt to do battle while in close range to other gv's. They lose their T-2 right away because it was
historically a long range shooter. The side armor and rear armor are thin when compared to the front armor. If a Tiger 2 driver stays at least 3 to 4 thousand yards or further away from enemy gv's he can last a very long time, especially if the front armor faces the enemy at all times. The front armor of the turret needs to face the enemy at all time as well.
There are a few players that are really good in the T-2. The T-2 is too slow for me so you rarely see me use one.

The T-34/85 is the best all around tank for it's perk price because of sloped armor, good speed at 32 mph,  and for that it is the most used gv in the game. It is also the most difficult for me to kill with the M-8 because it has the fastest turret of all AH tanks. It's turret can point up higher than other tanks so it main guns a lot of a/c. It also reloads a lot faster than the T-34/76. I often get a kill of a 76 because of it's the slower reload time.  The Russians produced them in really high numbers and had a lot of success against the German tanks because they
just kept on manufacturing more. German tanks in general were slower.

If you ask some of the veteran gv'ers to help you it will not be long before you do well in any gv.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2021, 04:31:40 PM »
If the rumors are true that there are players out there using a ginned-up reshader to see through trees, then this discussion is moot.

I have side switched a fair amount since its implementation. I’ve heard this “rumor” on all 3 countries and the players names that are said to be using a program to get rid of the trees and vegetation are always the same (of course I can’t name them here...)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:34:44 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2021, 04:37:15 PM »
but you can send in the videos you have recorded to HiTech.
In the tower set it to record all sorties.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2021, 05:29:11 PM »
but you can send in the videos you have recorded to HiTech.

I have done this, I have followed up a couple of times, and he recognizes something is up.  My email chain with him began in 2018. 

I guess he's super busy. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2021, 02:35:03 AM »
I have done this, I have followed up a couple of times, and he recognizes something is up.  My email chain with him began in 2018. 

I guess he's super busy.

:uhoh

:confused:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »
Tanking is for plebs, change my mind

:D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2021, 07:19:56 PM »
Tanking is for plebs, change my mind

:D
Dolby wears pink dresses..... Change my mind
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2021, 08:25:41 AM »
I mostly use the M-8 and I have to hit a specific spot on a gv to get a kill. I have killed Panthers, Tiger 1's, T-34/85's, T-34/76's,Wirbles, Ostwinds, Panzer F, Panzer H, M-4's of the three varieties, and all three Hetzer versions. but you have to be high above looking down. You can pop the turret of the T-34/76 and 85 version with one shot from high above or from behind point blank.

Care to share those specific spots on specific GVs?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »
Those specific spots are classified  :D :D :D :D

all kidding aside.....

I set up gv drones offline and hit all the gv's from various locations and angles looking for soft spots.

an example.....the Panzer F and G:  They both have this little tank on the back......might be a gas tank or could be exhaust  pipe....I am not sure,
but if you hit it twice from any distance,....kaboom. I guess that is why you often see Tankman driving with his turret facing the rear  :neener:

Wirbs and Osties.....hit the turret 3 times....they explode. Two to three shots in side armor they explode. The turret is more important to hit so they don't shoot back  :D

Once you go through each gv, you understand HiTech's damage model better. All these guys calling other players cheaters on 200 is nonsense. They do not know where to hit
enemy gv's. High shots on T-34's will ricochet all day long because the angled armor is modeled into the game.

The only way to understand the damage models is to shoot all the gv's offline. Then it becomes quite clear where you shoot each one.

btw.....I made little diagrams on 3 x 5 cards of the difficult gv's (ie. Panther, T34/85) and labeled the best spots.

Poor Hetzers......they have multiple soft spots.....and I am not surprised they
are rarely used anymore. If you take out the engine they are doomed because they do not have a turret. M-8's will eat them for lunch.

you have to shoot each gv one by one. It does not take long.....20-30  minutes...you are done.

There are also tactics that have to be used. If you see a Tiger 1 go into the trees......wait and see if he gets hung up on one.......Tigers can rotate in place
and can get their slow turret around quicker when they rotate in place......so if you want to get behind the tiger......wait until he gets stuck......so you can get five shots
off before his turret finally comes around. There are two soft areas on the Tiger 1 (hint hint hint) Sometime the turret can not shoot if there is a leaf in the gun sight.    LOL    :D :D :D

It is a fun game and the M-8 is a challenge to learn. 

Good luck,

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2021, 01:02:29 PM »
.......and be careful when Scotty is around.

That guy always steals all of the donuts and cinnamon rolls.

:rofl

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
.......and be careful when Scotty is around.

That guy always steals all of the donuts and cinnamon rolls.

:rofl
snitch!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2021, 04:21:09 PM »
Good stuff Mano!  Thanks for sharing.  :aok  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all