Author Topic: T-34/85 dominance  (Read 5836 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: T-34/85 dominance
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2021, 12:07:36 PM »
Panther cannot be killed with .50 cal, a 20mm can disable it at close range though, it was meant to kill stuff at range.

In War thunder simulator mode the T34-85 in non-town environment get picked off with ease with any german 75mm up to 800 yeards providing you know where to shoot.
In towns the early T34-85 are really good due to fast revolving turrets and superior mobility, they share the same combat rating as the Panther D in War Thunder.
The better gun, late T34-85 have the same combat rating as the Panther A (faster gun traverse) in War Thunder.

A penetration is not a automatic kill, it is a degradion of its performance until it burns or ammo explode, with crew members wounded or worse.
Thats why the Germans always kept on shooting at a enemy disabled tanks until they burned.

The T34s in general are exceptionally bad compared with german tanks due to they are more cramped, and more of its crew/systems  get affected by a penetration.

Not everything is good in WT, APCR ammunition suck in there, and some tanks are overpowered compared with it's peers, best examples are the late KV1 series, and early Tiger I that share the same battle rating as the Panther D.

war thunder like world of tanks uses rng for damage.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2021, 01:35:33 PM »
within a small percentage, it does.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »
I believe the panther can be disabled with a solid stream of 50 cals from a steep angle. Panzer can be killed pretty consistently with 50 cars from above. I find m4s not so much and t34s impossible. Gotta use a stuka for them.

Yak 9T can turret T-34s, Panthers, and Tigers fairly easily. The hardest tank to turret would be the M4 because of the small turret size.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2021, 04:43:55 PM »
Wondering how the KV’s would match up in AH and how much they get used.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2021, 04:19:02 AM »
Kv-1 does not have the gun to compete in AH with late war models, it share the same gun as  the  T-34 76.2 mm.

The Sis model KV-1 have favorable all around armor compared with the Sherman, and specially the Panzer IV.

KV1's series are early to mid war war heavy tanks, replaced with the IS-1, and to some extent with the KV-85, that reused the chassis of the KV-1, both with the same gun as the T34-85.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »
As Kenai pointed out, the T34's optics are terrible compared to most GVs.

I'm not sure what you're thinking of here, I just went and double checked: the T34/85 has no distinguishable difference in clarity compared to the Panzer IV H or Panther. The Panther simply has a better zoom (5X). I maintain the optics on the T34's are erroneously modeled, they are far too giving.   

The reticles on the T34x's are not favorable, the Germans have a better system for sure. The Yanks and Brits have graduated marks in their optics which has its benefits. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
As Kenai pointed out, the T34's optics are terrible compared to most GVs.

Smokinloon, I hardly see any clarity difference either.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
I believe the reference was to clarity in real life.