Author Topic: Condition of the AvA.  (Read 755 times)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
Condition of the AvA.
« on: July 31, 2021, 02:21:11 PM »
Hi all!
  First, I want to thank everyone who donated to my cause and helped me get a new system!!
I’m proud to announce that it’s been ordered and will be here soon. So again,, Thank you very much!

I will be back to continue with the Tank Wars!! So, shine up your rides and get ready to battle it out once more! I’m also considering a couple new ideas. One is maybe a hill climbing race with keeps! Not quite sure how yet but I’m trying!
With the help of our team, we will come up with some great ideas.

Since Jaeger has moved the MNM to the SEA, and we all wish him great luck in that! I support him in every way. I will be putting up things starting on Tuesdays so we don’t conflict.
 Again, I’ll be back real soon!!!
 Thank you all!!
Shipper :salute
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Condition of the AvA.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »
Great to hear!

I'm considering a new system too. Were you able to find a decent deal on the new system? Seems the stuff I've been looking at is a bit too expensive for my budget.

Mostly I need motherboard/cpu/ram and a video card as I already have the rest of the stuff but it seem it might be cheaper to buy a complete system at this time.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 07:14:37 PM »
Great to hear Shppr01, remember friends help friends, we love ya Brother!!!! :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:24:50 PM »
Thanks kenai!!! Hazmat, I went with a laptop. A lot cheaper than the desktops. Found a great one after two months of looking! Key thing is a good vid card along with the processor. I needed a gen 10 and i7.

I hope to see both of you in the AvA !! So polish up your rides and check the oil!! It’s coming soon!!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 07:39:24 AM »
Cool! I hadn't thought about a laptop. Could you share the link of the one you got plz?

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 11:45:46 AM »
The one I picked is the MSI raider.

2021 MSI GE75 Raider Premium Gaming Laptop I 17.3” FHD IPS 144Hz I 10th Gen Intel 6-Core i7-10750H I 32GB DDR4 1TB SSD GeForce RTX 2060 6GB I Backlit USB-C HDMI Win10 + Delca 32GB MicroSD Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092DHGK12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WJE197N3VC3GTWDT8D8F

From Amazon no less. It should run the game with all the settings! After looking forever it seems , this had all the features and requirements I need.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 01:19:01 PM »
That look pretty solid! Thanks for sharing.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »
i need to come pop my head in
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 06:05:51 AM »
i need to come pop my head in
"Pop my head"? OOPS was 1st person :rofl  I was like,"Hell to the No No!"...NOT MINE!  TSHARK is bad enough!!! :rofl  OH,CHIT! Former Squeaker ...IN COMINGGGGGGGGGG!" :rofl  :banana:   Monday Night Madness 8pm EST   BEST $15  bucks ever spent!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 06:09:39 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 06:06:56 AM »
Hi all!
  First, I want to thank everyone who donated to my cause and helped me get a new system!!
I’m proud to announce that it’s been ordered and will be here soon. So again,, Thank you very much!

I will be back to continue with the Tank Wars!! So, shine up your rides and get ready to battle it out once more! I’m also considering a couple new ideas. One is maybe a hill climbing race with keeps! Not quite sure how yet but I’m trying!
With the help of our team, we will come up with some great ideas.

Since Jaeger has moved the MNM to the SEA, and we all wish him great luck in that! I support him in every way. I will be putting up things starting on Tuesdays so we don’t conflict.
 Again, I’ll be back real soon!!!
 Thank you all!!
Shipper :salute
Was AN HONOR BROTHER! :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 08:22:08 AM »
Here's an idea for you shppr,  since MNM has moved to the SEA arenas....

How about a "Combat Theater" style event like we used to have back in the days of AH and early on in AHII ....

Could have it on Tuesdays Wednesdays or whenever there is no other specific or special events taking place

Just a suggestion...

Glad to hear you will be back soon with a capable PC

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 10:44:01 AM »
Here's an idea for you shppr,  since MNM has moved to the SEA arenas....

How about a "Combat Theater" style event like we used to have back in the days of AH and early on in AHII ....

Could have it on Tuesdays Wednesdays or whenever there is no other specific or special events taking place

Just a suggestion...

Glad to hear you will be back soon with a capable PC

<S>

TC

Sounds  great TC!! I tell you what. If you will come up with a scenario to show me what you mean, I’ll be happy to set it up. I’ll post a poll to find out what day would be better for most without stepping on mondays and set it.

If anyone else has any ideas , please let me know After all it’s your Arena as well!! 

Shipper.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:45:58 AM by shppr01 »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 10:51:55 AM »
Rgr that Shipper

I'll put it down in a pm soon as I get a chance to....got several handfuls going on at the moment

I have also encouraged a few other players to give their ideas/ suggestions to you....Hopefully you will hear from them

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »
Hi Shppr!

Glad you are back.

One of things I would like to see is a team death match setup on a small island like some of those real small maps they had in there. I think if it was AVA but mid and early war planes only, that would be a lot of fun. Or just leave the perk planes out. The arena needs to say what is going on in the title, if possible. Like for example, it needs to say "AVA small map Team Death Match"... or something along those lines so people know what's going on with it. Even if it wasn't AVA, that would still be fun. I think you'd get some regulars in their for sure. Especially if it's free to play.

Also, I'd like to see a MNM on the weekends, maybe going all night...give us weekenders a place for close action combat when the MA gets stale for us. That would be a lot of fun.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Thanks!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 09:10:41 PM »
Some great ideas!  We do usually try to say what’s going on in the title. Sometimes we get it wrong.(humans!). I will talk this over with jaeger and we can come up with something I’m sure. Especially the weekend fights would be great!! Thanks for the input!!