Author Topic: How much and How many  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
How much and How many
« on: August 01, 2021, 04:03:38 AM »
How much is AH per month in English money now and at 7pm  Est how many people are usually in the arena  :airplane:

I know numbers are down but I am thinking of coming back as forget about graphics it is a great sim and game  :salute
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Re: How much and How many
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 05:21:50 AM »
It's 15$ us.  Usually between 40-60 people around that time. If money is an issue, I am glad to pay for your first 2 months. Pm me if that can get you in....we want you. We need you...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 06:01:39 AM »
Usually climbs to about 100 by 8pm EST

More than enough for a great time!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 07:37:39 AM »
Depends on the day of the week, also.  Friday nights tend to be more active - close to 150 in the MA is not unusual.   

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »
Price as mentioned $14.95 a month and remember the 6-month plan; attendance, one more than before you re-joined the fun.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 09:42:15 AM »
How much is AH per month in English money now and at 7pm  Est how many people are usually in the arena  :airplane:

I know numbers are down but I am thinking of coming back as forget about graphics it is a great sim and game  :salute

Let's round up both: $18 USD would be £13 GBP.

As for numbers, I couldn't say.  It'll depend on the day of the week, that is for sure, with Friday and Saturday likely being where numbers are highest.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 12:58:29 PM »
It's 15$ us.  Usually between 40-60 people around that time. If money is an issue, I am glad to pay for your first 2 months. Pm me if that can get you in....we want you. We need you...

Thanks but no the money if fine at that price. I will get back in with attendance over 100. I guess the maps could be smaller now compared to when it used to be 800.  Excellent flight model and attention to realism I have seen anywhere x
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 01:32:46 PM »
I will get back in with attendance over 100.

At 7pm? Keep dreaming ;)
And while there are still complaints about 'big maps', the truly big maps for 600+ players were pulled from rotation about 5 years ago.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 03:59:25 PM »
Thanks but no the money if fine at that price. I will get back in with attendance over 100. I guess the maps could be smaller now compared to when it used to be 800.  Excellent flight model and attention to realism I have seen anywhere x
Sadly the attendance will only get worse over the next year. It's kinda like a locked door being shut from the outside. And this door is almost shut. Hi-tech threw the key in the trash years ago. I will continue to enjoy whats left until there is nobody left.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »
Sadly the attendance will only get worse over the next year. It's kinda like a locked door being shut from the outside. And this door is almost shut. Hi-tech threw the key in the trash years ago. I will continue to enjoy whats left until there is nobody left.

been hearing for years that ah is about to die, only a few months left.  and yet we still playing.

if you enjoy the game, then enjoy the game.  no need to be so negative.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 03:48:40 AM »
Definitely sounds like there is still a pulse here  :aok
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 06:40:35 AM »
I wonder how many people would be playing, if everyone who isn't playing because there aren't enough people playing, was playing.    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2021, 07:27:03 AM »
I wonder how many people would be playing, if everyone who isn't playing because there aren't enough people playing, was playing.    :D

Judging by BBS posts about 10
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 10:42:28 AM »

I'm sorry.  I know that was just humor, but that argument, which is often trotted out, drives me crazy.

It is essentially like saying:

"If everyone would just go back to driving horse buggies, there there would be a better market for buggy whips.  :D"

It's both true and pointless. Those who had been horse buggy customers have either died of old age or moved on to buying automobiles.
What's left now is a handful of Amish.  Those remaining Amish are still loyal and appreciate the quality of the remaining world-class 
buggy whip manufacturer, but the market trajectory is not going to change by force of wishful thinking.  Especially if the criteria is that no material changes to the current game can be considered.  If you send the same parameters to a function, you get the same return value.

On the positive side, I suspect the rate of population decline is shallowing. Not because the market is changing, but because most who are likely to have left, already have.  Those who are remaining probably represents a fairly durable population.  They have pretty much decided to stay until they take a dirt nap, or HT unplugs the server.  But it still seems to be an evaporation rate of about 20 players a year, at least since 2018.  But I defer to Lusche.

If WB or WWIIOnline would finally give up the ghost, AH might get one last handful of refugees.  But I wouldn't expect more than a 20 player bump.

Everything is impermeant.  Enjoy it while it lasts.

$0.02.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »
Definitely sounds like there is still a pulse here  :aok
most definitely
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny