Author Topic: Wishful thinking  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Wishful thinking
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:39:44 AM »
What I’d like to see

Spitfire LFVc.  Mainly for events. The early Vb we have is lacking in later timeframe events.  The V was around for much of the war but was improved to give it a better chance of going against the later war bits

109E7. See above. It had better performance and range with a DT or lugging bombs. Again for the events,  both MTO and Eastern Front as well as the Channel front would benefit from a better Emil

Beaufighter. In the war from 40-45 in all theaters and in multiple roles.  Just sayin🙂

Blenheim or Hudson/Ventura.  Again for events involving early wartime.  Swordfish might. E kind of fun too🙂

Lastly a P51B/C with the original canopy.  Too many skins look off when they are meant for 51B/C with the regular canopy.  Any MTO,CBI 51B/C would not have had the Malcom hood.  Both Don Gentile’s and Johnny Godfrey’s well known 4th FG Mustangs are done.  Neither had Malcom hoods.  To a history nut like me that just kills the look

Off the soapbox 🙂
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Wishful thinking
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »
All in for the birdcage early P-51B/C.   Doesn't seem outside the range of possibility as the artwork/3D model changes are about as minimal as can be.  You'd need to restrict lateral head movement range a bit more, and FM changes probably could be skipped.    All the MTO/PTO/CBI skins could be assigned to the new shape, as well as the Gentile/Godfrey skins you mentioned.

It'd be cool to have a desert service Spitfire with the Vokes filter fitted, too.  Just for the history nuts!

Offline SkiShill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 03:47:54 PM »
Hello. My wish list.
Strats go down for 180 minutes, I would like to see a 20 min resup time (not 10) for C47 & M3. 
I would like to see gv spawns from non-capturable bases to strats, with in 5 min travel time. Also a brown/dirt path that avoids trees.   
Single bombers, (realistic) not 3, would need 2 guys to white flag a town.
If a GV can get resupped, why not a plane repaired on the rearm pad, with a 5 min wait time?   
Please no spawns across the water, Island to Island & 3/4 way across the map.   
When a ship is sunk, when placing mouse on the ship icon it should say "unable to fly from that base".   
And last, it seems like the bomber gun power & plane toughness is turned way up.  SkiShill
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/salute.gif

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 11:46:55 AM »
It would be great to see the Beaufighter, Blenheim and the 51B with the birdcage canopy in the mix for historical based events.
Another Mustang I'd like to see is the Allison powered 51A.
Guppy; I thought the Vb had the negative G fuel starvation issue and the c variant solved this problem. Is that correct?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 11:55:02 PM »
It would be great to see the Beaufighter, Blenheim and the 51B with the birdcage canopy in the mix for historical based events.
Another Mustang I'd like to see is the Allison powered 51A.
Guppy; I thought the Vb had the negative G fuel starvation issue and the c variant solved this problem. Is that correct?

They took care of the issue with the Spit V. Both Vbs and Vcs had that modification as they both were around for a long time into 44-45.  The difference was as the time went by the single stage Merlins used by the Spit V were improved/modified.  The Vc obviously had twice the ammo load as the Vb which made a difference too.  The Vc was the primary Spit V used in the PTO and CBI as well. The Vb in AH is the earliest 1941 version so the engine is an early version not those modified to increase speed and performance at certain altitudes to give it something of a chance to survive in a sky being dominated by the 190A
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 01:05:20 PM »
id like too see some small twin bomber that isnt russian. jap/brit/tony
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 12:24:14 AM »
Guppy, which Beaufighter? MkX?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »
Guppy, which Beaufighter? MkX?

That would make the most sense if it was only one variant. Torpedo, bombs, rockets.  It could sub for the later Aussie version with the 50s instead of 303s in the wings.  In events the loadout could br limited to what the earlier versions carried etc.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 08:51:17 PM »
Three J2M variants  :old:
They're casting their bait over there, see?