Author Topic: HP is updating Reverb G2 cables under warranty.  (Read 650 times)

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
HP is updating Reverb G2 cables under warranty.
« on: August 05, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »
HP has a new cable replacement for the Reverb G2.  This cable has a slightly bigger splitter box that also includes a dedicated manual power switch.  They are sending out replacement cables free of charge to owners of headsets still under warranty.

Here is a link with more info:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Accessories/HP-Reverb-G2-Errors-7-14-4-1-or-audio-stutters-drop/td-p/8122856

Hope this helps

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: HP is updating Reverb G2 cables under warranty.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 12:42:17 PM »
That's awesome, thanks! I'm fairly sure my cable is starting to go right at the headset.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Re: HP is updating Reverb G2 cables under warranty.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »
I am out of warranty, but I have just recently built an AMD gaming machine. With the original cable, I couldn't use my motherboard's USB C jack. I also had some intermittent issues with WMR seeing the headset. So, I bit the bullet and ordered one. With shipping and tax it was nearly $200. What I should have done was order a completely new headset since they are on sale right now for $450. As it stands, I got the new cable and it fixed the USB C issue I had, so I no longer need the adapter. I need more time to assess the intermittent connection problem, but so far it has worked great for three days.

I also have a Quest 2 and briefly tried flying with that again. I have a new router that allows me to use it wirelessly with no discernable difference in image quality or latency compared to the link cable. I am bringing it up because every time I try the Quest 2 and switch back to the Reverb G2, I am reminded why I have tolerated the problems the G2 brings: the image quality is undeniably far superior, which really shows up in DCS World cockpits where I need to be able to clearly read gauges, displays, and control labels. Another problem I have with the Quest 2 is battery life. Using the link cable slows the discharge rate a little bit, but I still kill the battery before I am ready to stop flying. Using wireless only kills the battery faster, but does free up the USB port to use an external battery pack.

I can't wait until the PC and gpu tech gets good enough to drive something better than the G2 at 90+ fps with maxed out quality settings. But I enjoy the benefits of VR so much that it is painful to go back to a 2d flat panel monitor and TrackIR. Graphics look and run way better on the 4K 49-inch HDR TV I am using, but despite inferior graphics and frame rate, the VR experience is in all other ways so much better. So, until hardware performance advances and a better headset becomes available, the Reverb G2 is my best option for all of my VR supported flight sims, which is nearly all of them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:43:42 PM by streakeagle »
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!