Author Topic: dickbongo  (Read 2791 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: dickbongo
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 06:55:01 PM »
You guys do know that a person can call their friend (on an acutal phone) that's flying for a different country and get the same info.
This post is just another piss bellybutton wine.
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 03:14:35 PM »
You know I have chime in on this as I pointed out with streaming the "Spying" problem is mute, and the limit to side swapping once every 8+ (?) hours is pretty much unnecessary.

I really don't think there is any fix for this, and that's if some one actually wanted to fix it. I don't think this is gonna rank up there on HT's "To Do" list and I doubt any one wants to cruise YouTube and Twitch for streamers.

We even have people who regularly stream FSO and other Special Events and no one really has a problem with it.

Streamers actually attract people to the game. and banning people for streaming it would pretty much be the nail in this games coffin.

actually streaming is a good idea, really good for the game, but not in real time, they have an option of a 10 or 15 minute delay.

like I said, I was watching him in real time, I saw the position of every bomber online at that time.  he had the map open, been telling him for a couple of years how dumb that is.  once during the last few pigs were around, he started streaming 30 minutes before we took off in bombers, kept telling him to turn it off.  I didnt up, would have been a waste of time, they were waiting for us within a sector.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »
Both sides make good points.. The compromise is for the steamer to cover the map to try their best to hide war important information.

If asked politely to do so I'm sure they would make every effort to cover the map so that they do not affect other peoples gameplay.
You'd have to be a massive tool to ignore such reasonable requests.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 04:50:43 PM »
If he is not cooperative.... change sides and hunt him down......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 12:55:30 PM »
I doubt any one wants to cruise YouTube and Twitch for streamers.

"Stream Sniping" is a common enough occurrence that it has a name that is well in use in online games.  It is a thing.

It's just that there are so few people in this game that stream that it's not tremendously common.

I don't much care one way or the other except in FSO, because outside FSO it's rare I'm trying to be sneaky.  But it seems it would be pretty simple, except I think he's in VR, so I doubt you can just blot out the windows because they're constantly moving around the view.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 05:02:10 PM »
"Stream Sniping" is a common enough occurrence that it has a name that is well in use in online games.  It is a thing.

It's just that there are so few people in this game that stream that it's not tremendously common.

I don't much care one way or the other except in FSO, because outside FSO it's rare I'm trying to be sneaky.  But it seems it would be pretty simple, except I think he's in VR, so I doubt you can just blot out the windows because they're constantly moving around the view.

Wiley.

Yes I know people do stream sniping, One of the Damned got stream sniped by a poser and she basically left the game because of it, but I wasn't referring to that.

I was talking about enforcement. If HTC did start a "no streaming policy" it would be impossible to enforce specially when Discrod, Facebook, Twitch, and even YouTube give you certain control over privacy and publicity of your stream.

You do know people do in fact stream FSO .... again nothing you can do about it .. specially when it's the event staff and leadership that are streaming. 

Basically people are just going to have to suck on this one and learn to live with it.

Maybe we can get past the "Spying" BS and do away with the 8 hour wait times for country changes .... should make side balancing easier since everything else has failed ... horribly!

Until then pass the Efin popcorn.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:03:59 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2021, 08:38:56 AM »

We even have people who regularly stream FSO and other Special Events and no one really has a problem with it.

I am one of the those that streams FSO. Trying to get more people in there and keeps record of the fun I am having.

Funny that people are worried about this.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2021, 02:24:16 AM »
Spying is useless in regards to Knights

1. They try to capture basis with VH up.
2. They have no air cover to protect CV,s
3. They is always someone crying for other people to check out a flashing base
4. They never protect bombers
5. And finally there is always a loud Yank trying to be in charge

Spying is useless Knights are an open book

:rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »
You forgot the CAPSLOCK guy.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 08:21:27 AM »
 :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 05:06:02 PM »
You forgot the CAPSLOCK guy.

WHO WOULD THAT BE :)

Thought maybe I could get him out of hiding.  :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"