Author Topic: Northco map  (Read 8702 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Northco map
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 07:54:39 PM »
Map was up less than 12 hours yesterday  :(

Don’t know what can be done. This by far stays up for the shortest period.

It’s too bad because it’s one of the new maps we have and most don’t get to see it.

The "simple" I guess way to fix it would be to add 2 or 3 more bases on each side of the skinny areas instead of only having 1 isle of bases.

I couldn't tell you the last time I played this map or a few others on the weekends. It's amazes me how 2 sides will attack one side but then not defend or attack the other side so it makes it very easy for one side to win. Unfortunately the morning bish crew has created this phenomenon and there's really nothing anyone can do about it but play in the morning and defend them off.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 09:17:12 PM »
The "simple" I guess way to fix it would be to add 2 or 3 more bases on each side of the skinny areas instead of only having 1 isle of bases.

I couldn't tell you the last time I played this map or a few others on the weekends. It's amazes me how 2 sides will attack one side but then not defend or attack the other side so it makes it very easy for one side to win. Unfortunately the morning bish crew has created this phenomenon and there's really nothing anyone can do about it but play in the morning and defend them off.

Adding bases is like building a new map, its not a quick edit.

On the other hand adding the northco map a few more times into the map rotation would be very easy. This way the map comes up every 3rd or 4th time a map is won, so it get played more often. Its as easy as removing a name like "buzzsaw" from the map rotation.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »

On the other hand adding the northco map a few more times into the map rotation would be very easy. This way the map comes up every 3rd or 4th time a map is won, so it get played more often. Its as easy as removing a name like "buzzsaw" from the map rotation.

Hey I'm not opposed to that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 06:59:33 AM »

Mention that a while ago but if we can't even get a list edited, seems like not much hope here..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 02:17:49 PM »
Logged on, Oh Cool Northco is up. Let me choose a tank. Looked at text buffer. Map will reset in 2 minutes.  :frown:

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 04:25:37 PM »

:aok

That’s a very good idea and I can’t see any downside from players perspective as Northco has both a great GV and fighter aspect to it, and bombers just need to up from a base a little further away to get the desired altitude.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 02:57:56 PM »
Logged on, Oh Cool Northco is up. Let me choose a tank. Looked at text buffer. Map will reset in 2 minutes.  :frown:

:D :D :D

That has happened to me more than once.

Maybe HiTech should fix it so Northco always runs twice before the next map in the rotation comes up. 

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 03:24:44 PM »
 Once Again it was up for about 9 hours yesterday. From about 3-4am Texas/CST to noon.

It’s the newest map and it’s only up for a short amount of time, thus the least amount of players get to play/see it.

When the map has been mentioned on 200 & country many players have asked what map is being talked about because they’ve never seen it.

:(

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 04:12:51 PM »
Northco just needs a couple of high alt airfields. Its a good map and should be in the rotation more frequently as is.

I get put off having to climb 7k to be level with an airfield 3 sectors away.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »
Moving Asia Email List to the Bottom.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2021, 02:28:12 PM »
Moving Asia Email List to the Bottom.

WHat is it? and Who cares?  :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »
WHat is it? and Who cares?  :headscratch:

That you don't know is a good thing.  :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »
I’ve been watching it for a ~year (when I’m in the MA and it’s up) and yesterday was the longest I’ve seen it up a WHOLE 21 hours!   

Rooks were very close to winning it for several hours (only needed 2 Knight bases), then Bishops had about 10+ extra players that logged in and/or changed sides.  In 2 hours Bishops went from having the least amount of fields to winning the war.   :(

Many good suggestions have been made to keep this map from being rolled so easily, they only need to be implemented. For instance, adding a few more bases to each side that are isolated.

Easy fix(s) to please the majority that want this map’s short transit time to find good fights.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:32:10 PM by RotBaron »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2021, 03:23:00 PM »
1) Make half the bases uncapturable except for 15 minute windows every 2 hours.

2) Rolling capturable bases that are available for capture for 30 minutes..... one base for each side at a time. The attacking side is alerted to which enemy base is available a full 5 minutes before the the enemy is alerted to which of their bases is next.

Just ideas.... roll with the flow.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2021, 03:29:16 PM »
Can't the rebuild times just get shortened?

Shorten the white flag time down to make capturing that much more difficult

Have those convoys resupply every 15 minutes which would make them valuable targets

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals