Author Topic: LOL the thread complaining about spam is locked but the spam is still there.  (Read 2878 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Soon, I feel like that I’ve been hearing soon for years.

It surprises me how it continues to last. Its probably like 80-90 % hard core fans of the game that keep it going with the other 10-20 % in flux moving in and out all the time. As hard core fans only leave when we die, it still will take some time.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
It surprises me how it continues to last. Its probably like 80-90 % hard core fans of the game that keep it going with the other 10-20 % in flux moving in and out all the time. As hard core fans only leave when we die, it still will take some time.

LoL.  I wonder just how many dead guys have HTC on auto-pay forever and their widows just don't notice the charge.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
fact, you are wrong.  we see more people than a few years ago.

Not in Aces High.
The drain has slowed down compared to a few years ago, but there are still fewer pilots per tour than ever before.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 04:19:35 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
fact, you are wrong.  we see more people than a few years ago.

will be ever see 1k in the arena, to be honest I dont know.  but I do know this, had a lot of fun tonight, mostly slept cause of my health.  but I had fun.

fact is I had fun, and for what I heard on country and 200, well, lots of players had fun.

semp
I enjoy the hell out of it to. But no, there was not less players at any point after the first 6 months of AH than there are right now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member

Not in Aces High.
The drain has slowed down compared to a few years ago, but there are still fewer pilots per tour than ever before.

i remember a couple of years ago that it would be around 100 tops.  yesterday we have 150 or so.  now I dont know about pilots per tour but when I log in, most nights I see above 100.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
i remember a couple of years ago that it would be around 100 tops.  yesterday we have 150 or so.  now I dont know about pilots per tour but when I log in, most nights I see above 100.

semp

Your memory is playing you tricks. "A couple of years ago" AH had more players by any metric, be it pilots per tour, total hours played by tour or population online at comparable times.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member

Your memory is playing you tricks. "A couple of years ago" AH had more players by any metric, be it pilots per tour, total hours played by tour or population online at comparable times.

When I had last come back around early 2019, the Melee was running around 185 players most weeknights.

The loss rate curve is definitely shallowing.  All those who would be sensitive to lack of new development or the lure of the competition have already left.  The remaining players are mainly here for the social connections.  As long as their friends keep showing up to chat on chan200, they will too.  They might complain about no new planes or features, but obviously that is not sufficient cause for them to close their accounts.

The main threat to AH would be HT's health.  He is no spring chicken either.  And the (probably narrow) age range of the remaining players means that when they start hitting their expiration date,  many will be hitting it at the same time.  There is no new blood to smooth out the demographic trend.  Probably there are very few  "new" players at all.  Just an occasional previous player coming back again for a while.  But they are probably in the same age cohort as the rest and will hit their expiration date at the same time.

$0.02.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:23:21 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
When I had last come back around early 2019, the Melee was running around 185 players most weeknights.

The loss rate curve is definitely shallowing.  All those who would be sensitive to lack of new development or the lure of the competition have already left.  The remaining players are mainly here for the social connections.  As long as their friends keep showing up to chat on chan200, they will too.  They might complain about no new planes or features, but obviously that is not sufficient cause for them to close their accounts.

The main threat to AH would be HT's health.  He is no spring chicken either.  And the (probably narrow) age range of the remaining players means that when they start hitting their expiration date,  many will be hitting it at the same time.  There is no new blood to smooth out the demographic trend.  Probably there are very few  "new" players at all.  Just an occasional previous player coming back again for a while.  But they are probably in the same age cohort as the rest and will hit their expiration date at the same time.

$0.02.
someone needs to buy it from him and dump a few inherentince checks on payroll and advertising...I know a guy

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I use my office to fly, but when wife is mad it turns into a bedroom.

semp
:rofl    :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
someone needs to buy it from him and dump a few inherentince checks on payroll and advertising...I know a guy

Give him Hitechs number!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
I had spam on toast other day :old:

Not proper spam but the rubbish spam for £1

Its was awesome

But what kind of toast??   white, wheat, oat, potato, raisin, sourdough, pumpernickel, rye
buttered or not. or dare I say it margarine
toasted on an open flame or with an electrical appliance, magnifying glass and the sun?
 :bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Give him Hitechs number!
I have...they spoke. All I can say.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
But what kind of toast??   white, wheat, oat, potato, raisin, sourdough, pumpernickel, rye
buttered or not. or dare I say it margarine
toasted on an open flame or with an electrical appliance, magnifying glass and the sun?
 :bolt:

Bleached white toast with a shelf life of 3 years and lard :old:

Toasted by a box of matches
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
<SNIP>
Toasted by a box of matches

I assume self sttrikung matches that you lit scratching them against your 5 o’ clock shadow?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I assume self sttrikung matches that you lit scratching them against your 5 o’ clock shadow?

He has never grown any facial hair.... yet.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)