Author Topic: who has a tm warthog hotas  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
who has a tm warthog hotas
« on: September 29, 2021, 01:24:12 PM »
I suspect the throttle has a problem and I think I know it has
something to do with the analog portion
The throttle is recognized by AH and switches work BUT both throttles and
the slider go from max to min with no in between
I've tried recal with no avail and updated the drivers
Any suggestions before I crack this thing open?  :salute
Ram
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: who has a tm warthog hotas
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 01:40:31 PM »
That sounds familiar, either on or off with nothing in between... IIRC I had that issue with the brakes on the pedals. And it could be solved by doing the settings right. How did I do that has dropped off my head, though. If I remember right it involved assigning the full range of movement instead of just the button.

Before doing anything, have you tried my fav trick: Keep Shift pressed down while clicking Shutdown for Windows...

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 08:04:32 AM »
Warthog js stick with the tm1600 throttle is the combo I use

Have you tried opening windows controller window for the throttle to the window where you see the buttons and rotors activate and leave that window open and then start up aces high?

I have to do this or AH does not recognize the warthog joystick,  tm1600 throttle and ch ped combo I use which then screws up the assignments for each function on those hotas devices

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 05:04:56 PM »
Thx for ur response Eagler... all the buttons are reconized... its is
apparently only the analogs that do not respond... I guess I'll crack it open tomorrow
Ram

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 10:27:40 AM »
I had a friend who had the magnets come lose from the Warthog throttle. I don't remember the exact symptoms, but it sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
Hiya all... sorry I won't be on untillate Oct... I opened up the throttle
and all is tight secure... since both throttles and the slider and have separate inputs to
the MCB, it seems to me that since all 3 are not working that the MCB may be the culprit.
Not sure but having no scope and only a meter, I ordered a repaired MCB... Keeping
fingers crossed  :joystick:
For only $28+shipping how can I go wrong... right?
The problem is, it won't be here until the end of Oct
Eagler, if this doesn't do the trick, I may go with your combo
Thx
Ram  :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 06:41:32 AM »
For $130 it's very expensive these days..darn covid

https://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/11251?gclid=CjwKCAjwhuCKBhADEiwA1HegOe1srsQrVFwa0Ux6PYJXyH94voICGG502OmrbB2ppLLaagaKSX_aahoCHRcQAvD_BwE

I like it as it has the rotor on the left pinkie I set for trim...

Gotta have trim on a rotor

Good luck with your fix

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 04:51:38 AM »
Thx for ur response Eagler... all the buttons are reconized... its is
apparently only the analogs that do not respond... I guess I'll crack it open tomorrow
Ram
Did you try Calibrating Axis..in Windows AND AcesHigh?  You checked the buttons...so surely you checked out MAPPNG of Hotas/Throttles?   You can adjust the sensitivity with Tweaks to the Axis's Curves! With My Niece's TM1600 Pedals,Joystick and Hotas...gave us a lot of trouble!  Was constantly losing Key Mappings/ like ALL OF THEM!  A quick Calibration in Windows...immediately solved her issue. Sucked, that she would need to do this at least 70% of the times..especially in Monday Night Madness!   Eh..I think she was trying to block out, the fact EAGLER was always hunting her? :cheers: Poor excuse is better than none...RIGHT EAGLER?  She misses that....DANG JOB!  :furious  She got a Job, thus Fricking up her available flight time...and I dont want to rub it  her face, That I am still in AVA MNM  :joystick:   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 04:58:32 AM »
That sounds familiar, either on or off with nothing in between... IIRC I had that issue with the brakes on the pedals. And it could be solved by doing the settings right. How did I do that has dropped off my head, though. If I remember right it involved assigning the full range of movement instead of just the button.

Before doing anything, have you tried my fav trick: Keep Shift pressed down while clicking Shutdown for Windows...
YESSSSS!!!! You have "Min,Mid," settings for Axis Commands in AH3..similar to IIRC?   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 01:07:00 PM »
I had a friend who had the magnets come lose from the Warthog throttle. I don't remember the exact symptoms, but it sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

Sik

You talking about me? or you talking to me......

Yup had a similar problem the magnets came loose at first and then finally disconected from the slider. I never opened it up to see if I could fix it and it just sits in a box and is lonely.....

IIRC it was a common problem with the early batch warthogs.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 02:17:25 PM »
You talking about me? or you talking to me......

Yup had a similar problem the magnets came loose at first and then finally disconected from the slider. I never opened it up to see if I could fix it and it just sits in a box and is lonely.....

IIRC it was a common problem with the early batch warthogs.

Yep, you were who I was talking about with the loose throttle magnets.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 09:19:57 AM »
Did you try Calibrating Axis..in Windows AND AcesHigh?  You checked the buttons...so surely you checked out MAPPNG of Hotas/Throttles?   You can adjust the sensitivity with Tweaks to the Axis's Curves! With My Niece's TM1600 Pedals,Joystick and Hotas...gave us a lot of trouble!  Was constantly losing Key Mappings/ like ALL OF THEM!  A quick Calibration in Windows...immediately solved her issue. Sucked, that she would need to do this at least 70% of the times..especially in Monday Night Madness!   Eh..I think she was trying to block out, the fact EAGLER was always hunting her? :cheers: Poor excuse is better than none...RIGHT EAGLER?  She misses that....DANG JOB!  :furious  She got a Job, thus Fricking up her available flight time...and I dont want to rub it  her face, That I am still in AVA MNM  :joystick:   

Didn’t know/don’t know how to calibrate in windows. Another one of those I don’t know what I don’t know issues.  How’s it done, please sir?

Are we gonna see you tonight?  Perhaps you should fly Blizz’s pink Spit until she has time to come back.  😁

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2021, 04:40:26 PM »
The MCB just came in... won't be able to install it until tomorrow...
will be on shortly thereafter  :banana:

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »
Puma,
From Fugitive on another thread,

windows 10, type "game controllers" in the search box in the lower left of the desktop, click "setup usb controllers". This open the windows with the list of your controller. Click the controller and then properties to bring up the old test screen.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »
Puma,
From Fugitive on another thread,

windows 10, type "game controllers" in the search box in the lower left of the desktop, click "setup usb controllers". This open the windows with the list of your controller. Click the controller and then properties to bring up the old test screen.

Thanks SNO! 

All gave some, Some gave all