Author Topic: War on the Sea  (Read 862 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
War on the Sea
« on: October 01, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »
Been eye-ing this one for a small while now.  While the base game needs help, there is a mod for it called The Tokyo Express that adds considerable diversity to the core game.  That mod alone is the reason I am not seriously considering purchasing War on the Sea now.

My question be, does anyone have this title?  If so, what are your thoughts on it overall and have you tried it with TTE mod?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1280780/War_on_the_Sea/
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: War on the Sea
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 07:14:13 PM »
Been watching Wolfpacks vids, it does look fun.

That and Cold Waters Reminds me of Janes Fleet Command.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 07:27:30 PM »
Been watching Wolfpacks vids, it does look fun.

That and Cold Waters Reminds me of Janes Fleet Command.

lol  That's exactly who I've been watching, and why I'm now seriously considering purchasing it.  TTE will be an insta-add if I do squeeze the trigger. :aok
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 02:50:18 AM »
Bought it on release day, but it was full of bugs. Installed the TE Mod and the game became a lot more enjoyable. The latest aircraft additions make the game even better. The most frustrating aspect is target solution finding and the slow rate of command point acquisition. The P-38s level-turn against Zeroes will always be frustrating.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 03:39:47 AM »
I saw plenty of flaws just from watching videos, and they frustrated me.  I don't even own the game yet!  The "cooldown" between launching airstrikes is annoying, and the fighter v fighter combat.  Despite these frustrations, TTE mod really caught my attention.  I can overlook (somewhat) the flaws in the core game due to the diversity that TTE mod adds.

There are some definite changes to the core game that should be made in order to make it flat out better, but that would be a discussion best left to it's forums.  Though I will mention one thing here: ability to plan airstrikes so multiple aircraft types can launch at the same time, rather than dealing with that BS CD.  Chances are a modder will be the one to do something like this to the game.  Hope it's TTE guys who do it, cause just from Wolfpack's series, they did an amazing job. :aok
HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 01:33:11 AM »
How do you like the new search lights?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 12:47:39 PM »
Again, still on fence.  I am most certainly leaning towards getting it though.  Few things came up so I've not been able to keep on Wolfpack's series if it has shown up there. :(
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 01:19:04 AM »
Finally saw those search lights in action.  That's pretty damn neat!  Can definitely use some visual upgrading, but I suspect that may be in the works.  Right now it doesn't actually illuminate the target ship, and the light beam "edge" being too "sharp", especially in binoc view.
HiTech