Author Topic: F A 18 Carrier Flying VFA 154 Black Knight Cruise 2021 4K  (Read 366 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: F A 18 Carrier Flying VFA 154 Black Knight Cruise 2021 4K
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 04:51:41 PM »
very cool!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: F A 18 Carrier Flying VFA 154 Black Knight Cruise 2021 4K
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 06:49:37 AM »
Thanks for sharing....

Noticing they're on the Teddy (cvn-71) gave me instant flashback to night I nearly lost my life and was with in 1/2 foot of being cut in 1/2 by an AE-6 landing, as I was doing plane captain duties fixing to launch 1 of our vikings which was parked right on the side of the island right in front of the 71 painted on the side...as I was backing up to get clearance to have my pilot pull forward to turn him over to the yellow shirt to guide him up to cat 2... I  didn't see the AE-6 coming in to land, Torres one of the 3 spotters tackled me to the deck and pointed back at the AE-6 that just landed catching the 3 wire...I  had backed up to far crossing the red/white  line...if he had not tackled and drove me 7 to 8 feet back towards the island...that AE-6 would have cut me in 1/2 and the 3rd wire would have cut me off at the flight deck boots....

Good to see the Black Knights are still going even though they are vmf-154 now instead of vf-154  Black Knights and they no longer have their Tomcats....

The VF-154 Black Knights is one of the reasons I named the squad I created back in AirWarrior after them...that and the fact that my high school mascot was "The Black Knights".... we had over 30+ flying regularly back then when SM (Snowman)  asked me and our group to merge with the Eagles squad then we merged both into the Damned...

Again, thanks for sharing and bringing back some memories

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC