Author Topic: VR in a GV???  (Read 824 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
VR in a GV???
« on: October 06, 2021, 12:14:13 AM »
Any pointers?  I simply struggle in a GV with VR.  Is this a thing or do I need to set it up a certain way?  If so, I haven't figured it out yet.

Now that school started back up and my other son is deployed in the Marines, I have the time to play more often.

I wonder if I need to switch back and forth from VR every time I want to tank. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: VR in a GV???
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 06:23:00 PM »
I GV a lot, and exclusively in VR.

I find some of the sights with range readouts across the top hard to deal with (e.g german tanks).

With VR using fast vehicles can be huge fun. For example racing around in the jeep killing M3s, M8s, Wirbles and Ostwinds (some tanks are vulnerable to top shots if you can find a hill). Racing around in the M3 killing anything, I had a 10 kill run vs tanks in an M3 once. In some vehicles commander position you can stand up for a better view.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 05:26:35 PM »
I GV a lot, and exclusively in VR.

I find some of the sights with range readouts across the top hard to deal with (e.g german tanks).

With VR using fast vehicles can be huge fun. For example racing around in the jeep killing M3s, M8s, Wirbles and Ostwinds (some tanks are vulnerable to top shots if you can find a hill). Racing around in the M3 killing anything, I had a 10 kill run vs tanks in an M3 once. In some vehicles commander position you can stand up for a better view.

I find when I go to the sights I am all over the place.  Can't get a bead because slight movements have me "tunneling" in the sights.  I just can't figure it out in tanks.  M3s, Jeeps, Wirbs, etc...  I have no issues.  Just the tanking. 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 06:07:12 PM »
You might try these settings under Prefences/VR.   I think I'm familiar with what your describing, and I *think* the "Fixed Bomb and Tank Sites" option made it better...

Good luck!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 06:07:40 PM »
I turn off head movement in the tank sights, there is an option in the VR settings to do it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 03:04:40 AM »
Any pointers?  I simply struggle in a GV with VR.  Is this a thing or do I need to set it up a certain way?  If so, I haven't figured it out yet.

Now that school started back up and my other son is deployed in the Marines, I have the time to play more often.

I wonder if I need to switch back and forth from VR every time I want to tank. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

:rock
AND FOLK wonder why I "GV" in my Spit16?!!! :rofl   I couldnt get the same Clarity/hard to hold your head as still, as need be, in VR, as I did 2D/Monitor.  In VR....take off Head Set...VOILA ...2D and like before VR! "I wonder if I need to switch back and forth"?   Yes, but its a walk in the park! Simply Mask Off, Mask On! :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain