Author Topic: An observation re: Special Events arena  (Read 565 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
An observation re: Special Events arena
« on: October 18, 2021, 09:17:36 PM »
Unlike the AvA, there appears to be a side-switch time restriction in SE2.  I logged on a bit after 9:00; at that hour, sides were 4 v 2.  I was on the 4 side, so I switched.  Someone must have seen me; in that short time everyone but Shane promptly left.  (Hey, it's happened all my life.)  But Shane and I were on the same side, so I tried to switch back.  The timer prevented me from doing that for 0.05 hours, which I guess is about three minutes.  That exceeded my attention span, and I figured Shane would want to have a greater challenge anyway, so I moved out of the arena.

Anyway, I don't know if there's a setting that will let you change this, but thought you'd like to know.

- oldman

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: An observation re: Special Events arena
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 11:54:52 AM »
Unlike the AvA, there appears to be a side-switch time restriction in SE2.  I logged on a bit after 9:00; at that hour, sides were 4 v 2.  I was on the 4 side, so I switched.  Someone must have seen me; in that short time everyone but Shane promptly left.  (Hey, it's happened all my life.)  But Shane and I were on the same side, so I tried to switch back.  The timer prevented me from doing that for 0.05 hours, which I guess is about three minutes.  That exceeded my attention span, and I figured Shane would want to have a greater challenge anyway, so I moved out of the arena.

Anyway, I don't know if there's a setting that will let you change this, but thought you'd like to know.

- oldman

I was afk at that point.  You came in on the tail end - it seems it lasts about an hr or so.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
I was told swap time should be immediate with no delay

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »
yeah there should be no delay. sorry, thats a setting, ill fix it for next monday night!