Author Topic: Considering getting into VR but I have a few questions  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: Considering getting into VR but I have a few questions
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 06:23:56 PM »
Happy to help. You're right, a 2060 is right on that edge. My 5700xt is there but still on the lower end for vr performance nowadays.

For CPU usage one thing I learned the hard way is that you have to watch your single core performance for DCS (and many other games) as most games only use one core. So even though your CPU may show only 40% overall usage the core that DCS is using may be maxed out. I know they are working to update that so it can use more cores but no idea when that will come out. Not that CPUs are much easier to find at MSRP anyway but I would hate for you to get a brand new GPU, get it set up only to see a marginal performance boost because your CPU was barely enough as well. Been there, it sucks.

It's definitely a thing that dcs and il2 are not optimized for vr. I don't know why il2 has issues but from what I've heard the problem with dcs is that they are still using their original 10+ yr old base code, and vr was just tacked on. So at this point the biggest bottleneck is their own code. I agree AH has the best vr implementation I've come across. It doesn't feel like an afterthought.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights