Author Topic: Windows 11 ... who's downloaded it?  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows 11 ... who's downloaded it?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 04:59:58 PM »
Windows 10 will be supported for quite awhile still. You really are not missing anything.

Yeah NO KIDDING!!!

I will always give mad props to Microsoft for creating such a smart and intelligent giant as my Windows 10pro!!!

Its funny that almost every time I turn on/shut down windows 10 I am more than amazed at how smart and intelligent this Monster has become!!!

Whats even more funny and I get a lotta sad when I think about what a pig headed fool I was to stick with windows 7 for 15+ years before making the "Plunge"; yeah right! to windows 10
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2021, 01:33:24 AM »
Whats even more funny and I get a lotta sad when I think about what a pig headed fool I was to stick with windows 7 for 15+ years before making the "Plunge"; yeah right! to windows 10
Nothing to get sad about. You could have made the plunge a few years earlier but better late than never. Every operating system has teething issues which are usually fixed in future major updates. Looking back at the versions of 10 (we're on the 13th version now) I can see a lot of clumsiness in the earlier versions. As the latest version updates have been quite small it might be safe to assume that they don't try to reinvent the wheel for Win10 during the last four years. By then Win 11 may have matured to the solidness we've learned to like in 10 - given they continue their policy of the lifespan being roughly a decade.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »
Plus one should never Betatest such kind of software upon release, wait for the first Servicepack to fix the most apparent issues.
Someone's gotta do it. ;)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 09:09:23 AM »
Why would you be part of testing a new operating system if you did not have to be?

Software can only be QA'd so many ways before it has to be released for the rest of the defects to be discovered by the innumerable hardware and software combinations used by its users..

I suspect windows 11 is at that point now

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2021, 04:49:03 PM »
Got it no problems, Windows Insider program.

i9-10850k@4.7GHz RTX3080

Should have posted mine....

Gigabyte Z490 Ultra AORUS
i9-10900K
128 gig Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600
MSI RTX 2080 Super

It is not called TPM on this board but does the same thing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 01:49:05 AM »
Yesterday I went through the settings of a new(ish) gaming laptop upgraded to Win11. First time for me, until now I had only seen pictures of the desktop of it.

The customer said it works fine which is no wonder since the system was only half a year old and made by a big name, meaning that most likely a similar one has been used for beta testing for compatibility.

What I disliked was the layout. Why on Earth did they have to try to reinvent the wheel by copying Apple and some Linux distros??? Isn't Windows the leading OS that others should copy? Moving the Taskbar to cover one third of the bottom center of the screen made me look for the Start menu icon several times - not something one could not learn but after having taught people to look at the bottom left corner for a couple of decades I guess there'll be plenty of us who look at the wrong place and the less technically skilled will be confused. Then again especially with ultra wide monitors the start menu in the middle of the screen is more ergonomic. By visiting the shops and looking at the ads that would be a moot point though as the mainstream they're currently selling at least here seems to be 14" laptops for students.

Another less fancy improvement in my opinion is that they brought back the small "Show all programs" button to the start menu. Most likely just because the new menu is relatively small, half of it being populated by recently used files.

Oh well, I should not complain as it will bring me lots of work, trying to tweak the systems to vaguely resemble something a slowly dementing mind can understand.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2021, 07:24:37 AM »
Should have posted mine....

Gigabyte Z490 Ultra AORUS
i9-10900K
128 gig Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600
MSI RTX 2080 Super

It is not called TPM on this board but does the same thing.

Why aren't you in ah in vr with that rig?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »
Yesterday I went through the settings of a new(ish) gaming laptop upgraded to Win11. First time for me, until now I had only seen pictures of the desktop of it.

The customer said it works fine which is no wonder since the system was only half a year old and made by a big name, meaning that most likely a similar one has been used for beta testing for compatibility.

What I disliked was the layout. Why on Earth did they have to try to reinvent the wheel by copying Apple and some Linux distros??? Isn't Windows the leading OS that others should copy? Moving the Taskbar to cover one third of the bottom center of the screen made me look for the Start menu icon several times - not something one could not learn but after having taught people to look at the bottom left corner for a couple of decades I guess there'll be plenty of us who look at the wrong place and the less technically skilled will be confused. Then again especially with ultra wide monitors the start menu in the middle of the screen is more ergonomic. By visiting the shops and looking at the ads that would be a moot point though as the mainstream they're currently selling at least here seems to be 14" laptops for students.

Another less fancy improvement in my opinion is that they brought back the small "Show all programs" button to the start menu. Most likely just because the new menu is relatively small, half of it being populated by recently used files.

Oh well, I should not complain as it will bring me lots of work, trying to tweak the systems to vaguely resemble something a slowly dementing mind can understand.

The start can be moved back in it's "proper place". I agree.... why copy anyone else...

Why aren't you in ah in vr with that rig?

Eagler

The freeze happened the month after I built this machine. Drained pipes but water sitting in a 90 over my office popped the pipe. Ceiling came down. Got the machine out right before it fell. Controls fried, 50" Sony TV/monitor fried. Have not replaced the controllers..... yet.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:05:08 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)