Author Topic: HP G2 Text buffer issues....help please  (Read 469 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
HP G2 Text buffer issues....help please
« on: October 23, 2021, 02:34:40 PM »
I  bought the HP G2 some time ago,used it some in Aces High, and then took a break for a while, mostly due to summer activities.  Now I'm trying to get some stick  time in preparation for the upcoming scenario, and am having trouble again with getting the text box to stay usable in VR.  I can go into the hangar, go into GUI settings and then find the box as a black rectangle and move it around, but I was only once able to get it to open in VR.   It then worked as usual until I took my  headset off, which, with the G2 usually means I have to restart the game, but next time in-game the text box was again that unusable dark rectangle.  When  I hover over it with the VR dot-cursor, it does not give me the arrows to open it up.    :bhead

The text box works as usual when I'm on my monitor, and I tried Eagler's tip to set up a second tab, but have only been able to set up the second tab while using my monitor, but not so far when in the G2, since I've not been able to again get the arrows to show to open up the box.   I updated the GPU drivers and I know  the Steam  software has updated, and am assuming the HP software autoupdates as well.  I'd really appreciate any tips from anyone...thanks in advance!    :salute
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 02:36:47 PM by DaddyAce »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: HP G2 Text buffer issues....help please
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 02:39:54 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "open" up the text buffer.  Do you mean expanding the size of it?   IIRC the clipboard must be open to get the arrows that allow you to change the text buffer size.

Also, it doesn't have to be a black rectangle - you can change the opacity of it from clear to black to anything in between in the user preferences section of the clipboard - its under GUI I think...

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 03:23:57 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply oboe!

......  Do you mean expanding the size of it? 

Yes, the buffer now only shows as a thin dark rectangle, and is not "open" enough to show any text.  I'm trying to expand it so I can read the buffer.  I have done it in the past, but  cannot seem to get the arrows to come up so I can expand it.  The only way I can even find the rascal is using the clipboard in the hangar and going to GUI settings.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 06:02:10 PM »
Yes, I mean expanding the size of the box.  I thought that's you meant.

1) Are you sure that dark rectangle is the text buffer?  There are a lot of little boxes that show up when you go to GUI settings.  I have the ones I use where I want them, but some I'm not sure what they are.

2) make sure the clip board is open when you try to adjust the size, it needs to be open.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 08:49:17 PM »
[.......
1) Are you sure that dark rectangle is the text buffer?  There are a lot of little boxes that show up when you go to GUI settings.  I have the ones I use where I want them, but some I'm not sure what they are.
[/quote]

You nailed it oboe!  I was trying to "open" the wrong box, and missed the little text buffer that was hovering above my head.... Well got that issue fixed now.  Thank you again!    :salute

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 12:11:29 AM »
My pleasure to help!   Glad you got it sorted!