Author Topic: Get rid of the stupid maps!  (Read 939 times)

Offline Pauldoe

• Zinc Member
Get rid of the stupid maps!
« on: October 24, 2021, 12:16:58 PM »
Pizza, etc. The subscription fee isn't much but it should get something better than these bs maps......if they're up when I log on I log right off.....

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Get rid of the stupid maps!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 12:37:10 PM »
Been here long enough to know that the tone of this request is not going to go very far with Hitech.

Which maps do you think are stupid, and why?   I don't care for SMPizza or Buzzsaw, because they look like nothing in the real world.  Personally, I would appreciate them being removed from the regular map rotation and replace with Northco, so we see that small map more often.

In the meantime, the way I deal with these two maps is to zoom in far enough on the clipboard view so I don't see the entire map at once.  They aren't as bad if you don't view the whole map image.   

:salute

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 09:55:18 PM »
Pizza, etc. The subscription fee isn't much but it should get something better than these bs maps......if they're up when I log on I log right off.....

I've beat this horse to a pulp, and doing studies when i log in. It's my belief and knowledge that some maps are totally detrimental to #s.

Glad to see more people speaking out about it though!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 07:37:12 PM »
I've beat this horse to a pulp, and doing studies when i log in. It's my belief and knowledge that some maps are totally detrimental to #s.

Glad to see more people speaking out about it though!

would you care to show your studies?  some maps I hate with a passion, just would like to compare your info to mine.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 06:46:36 AM »
Gotta wonder why HT doesn't speak on the subject of map rotation..

If it is nothing more than a list, why wouldn't he try to edit it and see if it was better?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 10:23:36 AM »
Down with the BuzzKill!

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 01:23:52 AM »
there are only 14 of these maps you don't like, 4 or 5 of them are less than 3 years old.
but if you can make a better map then by google do so. it still has to be approved by HiTech.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 01:25:48 AM »

one thing you should know is HiTech doesn't care about threats.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 08:53:33 AM »
there are only 14 of these maps you don't like, 4 or 5 of them are less than 3 years old.
but if you can make a better map then by google do so. it still has to be approved by HiTech.

There is only one map I don't like...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »

would you care to show your studies?  some maps I hate with a passion, just would like to compare your info to mine.

semp

It will take me some time ti put it together and I'll make a post about it when I get the chance.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 12:02:58 PM »

Would you like / dislike me saying your post and comments were stupid?     :uhoh
I'm kind of thinking dislike

When I'm in the middle of a dog-fight, bombing some part of enemy territory, driving someplace to die in my tank or vehicle, I'm 1- not looking at a map, technically that's wrong. You have to glance at it to keep your SA up. 2- only care about the portion of the map shown in the bombsite circle, 3- only care if the terrain is water, land or a bridge.

Anything HiTech, repeat ANYTHING..... he replies about just gives a portion of the crowd something to complain about it seems to me.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54