Author Topic: HP G2 issue, ideas?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: HP G2 issue, ideas?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2021, 07:23:10 AM »
When you get the calibrate window open Fugi mentioned, leave it open - I select my throttle as the device to open its window..

Leaving it open allows window and AH to see my controller assignments properly

I was told I shouldn't need to do that in windows 10 but I do...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
In windows 10, type "game controllers" in the search box in the lower left of the desktop, click "setup usb controllers". This open the windows with the list of your controller. Click the controller and then properties to bring up the old test screen.

You can see if any of your buttons are sticking and which one.

Thank you Fugi!   :salute

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2021, 01:39:54 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the center your head sequence on the G2? I don't think I get that when I start either. I fire everything up then throw my headset on. The clipboard menu is always way below me but I just look straight ahead, hit the recenter button mapped to my stick and everything resets to where it should be.

This is helpful Rocco.  I think this may be key for at least one if not all my current VR issues. Which key do you have mapped?   I've tried the 5 on the keypad as well as other keys but so far no joy. 

I do recall the head centering thing coming up and I think it shows the command for re-centering, but as you say I normally don't see it.  I've searched for the command and found a helpful tip at the tail end of this really good vid on setting up the G2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePcrf-UOkrg&t=142s  He refers to using a menu that is supposed to pop up from pressing the menu button on the controller.  The trouble is in Aces High I can't get that menu to come up.....so I'm chasing  the lead on mapping a centering function, but not sure what to map. Thank you!      :salute

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »
I'll take a look when I get home tonight. It's a keybind within AH, I just don't remember what it's called exactly off the top of my head.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 03:14:35 PM »
The function you want is "View Tracker Center" and its under "View" mappings.   I have it set to a convenient button on my joystick; I use it multiple times per flight...

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »
The function you want is "View Tracker Center" and its under "View" mappings.   I have it set to a convenient button on my joystick; I use it multiple times per flight...

Thank you oboe, Rocco, Eagler, & Fugitive for your patience & help!  :salute   I think I finally have it.  For some reason I started to be able to pull up the menu with the headset recentering function using one of the G2 controllers, went in and out of the game several times and seems to be consistently working.  Was just about to give up and talk to my son who lives nearby about borrowing back my old Cv-1 or Track IR.

And now that I have the correct keybind (I tried  "head default" to no avail), I'll have to load that into my joystick too.      :airplane:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2021, 04:11:54 PM »
 :banana: Glad you got it sorted!

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2021, 04:14:20 PM »
...and in case this thread is useful to another G2 owner....the  "Tracker Center" worked great for me....and apparently my issue with not being able to pull up the VR menu in the AH login screen was because I was using the right hand controller.   The menu button on the left controller pulls up the menu that supports re-centering.

BTW you guys are awesome!    :aok

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 04:38:02 PM »
Good to hear!  See you up, DaddyAce!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2021, 03:09:15 AM »
...and in case this thread is useful to another G2 owner....the  "Tracker Center" worked great for me....and apparently my issue with not being able to pull up the VR menu in the AH login screen was because I was using the right hand controller.   The menu button on the left controller pulls up the menu that supports re-centering.

BTW you guys are awesome!    :aok
Didnt you start with Oculus?   DADDYACE!!!! I had put out "FEELERS"... Weiser.."Heard fromDaady..?"  SO GREAT TO SEE YOU,ACTIVE!  :banana:  Dont scare me like that,Brother!   I was about to unleash the Search Hounds.on ya!!!  Ya Ya....blame the Wife/Better half?  Missed you Brother! 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2021, 03:12:47 AM »
Just noticed something else.....something seems to be causing it ti skip or go thru the centering step without apparent input....
This has been  happening with me as well...RiftS! Even get Random "Main Gun" shooting off?  ULDieter, has periodic Lowering of Landing Gear and View Reversals? It is a kick in the Pants, forsure!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2021, 02:48:40 PM »
Didnt you start with Oculus?   DADDYACE!!!! I had put out "FEELERS"... Weiser.."Heard fromDaady..?"  SO GREAT TO SEE YOU,ACTIVE!  :banana:  Dont scare me like that,Brother!   I was about to unleash the Search Hounds.on ya!!!  Ya Ya....blame the Wife/Better half?  Missed you Brother!

Hi 1stpar, yes I did start with an Oculus CV-1.  I like the G2 hardware, but miss the Oculus software (other than the Facebook connection...).  Yes, the upcoming scenario got me motivated....loves scenarios!

ANd yes, a variety of things, summer activities, wife ack, etc largely kept me out for a while....hoping to play more, glad to see you're still active...going to fly in the scenario?  Always good to fly when you're around!   :cheers:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2021, 10:32:30 AM »
Daddy did you fly with VR in the scenario yesterday?

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2021, 10:39:56 AM »
I did with the G2.  It worked well and without issue, but I sat and kept it on for the entire frame because I was concerned the headset-game combo would lock up if I took it off for too long.  But had a blast, 'twas great fun!  Thanks again to you oboe, Rocco and others who helped me sort out getting it set up properly!     :airplane: