Author Topic: Not that it's important,  (Read 831 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Not that it's important,
« on: June 22, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
but I enjoy the night time sequences now.  In the past, I couldn't complain enough!  I couldn't see squat and constantly flew into the ground, mountains & etc.

Finally, a squadmate told me "turn the light off in your room."  Man, it makes all the difference in the world.

I remember a number of folks agreed with me about the night - so, turn your lights out!  :)

AKcurly

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Not that it's important,
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
I used to enjoy the night better with my voodoo 5500. Since upgrading to the Leadtek ge force 64 ultra, my screen overall is darker and much harder to see  at night. Yes, I've tried messing with the settings but still not as bright or sharp as the voodoo. The overcast weather in AH affects it in the same manner also. Too bad the voodoo didn't give me the fps the geforce does as the 5500 had a much sharper, crsp dsiplay than the geforce does in AH and the desktop. Running them on a Sony 19" flat screen trinitron monitor.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Not that it's important,
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
LOL Curly....I have to do the same thing.  I also lighten up the display just a hair when flying at nite.  The only problem I have now is I cant see the keyboard when I turn off the light.   :)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Not that it's important,
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2001, 04:16:00 AM »
I'd enjoy the night

If we had night fighters.

I don't enjoy the "chase the icon, not the plane" we currently have during night time.

Night time is log out time for me.

Offline MrRiplEy

• Copper Member
      • http://altavista.net
Not that it's important,
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2001, 04:33:00 AM »
Eagler: The geforce series is notorious for poor compatability with trinitron tubes. I have geforce1 with trinitron and I can't say I'm happy with the picture quality. Seems like it's not possible to adjust the convergence to be sharp both in middle and on sides.

You did try to adjust the convergence did you?

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Not that it's important,
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2001, 05:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
I'd enjoy the night

If we had night fighters.

I don't enjoy the "chase the icon, not the plane" we currently have during night time.

Night time is log out time for me.

But StSanta, that was my point!  I don't chase icons - I can see the planes clearly and I can see distant dots during full night.  Turn your room lights off and turn up the brightness a bit.  :)

AKcurly

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Not that it's important,
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2001, 05:31:00 AM »
My GF2 works fine with my Trinitron   :cool:

The View Sonic A75 was a little better as far as gamma issues went, but I managed to get it the way I like it, with a slight blue tint to take the edge off of white areas.

------------------
Mean
Ol'
Bessy

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Not that it's important,
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
There's nighttime??  I thought it was a "long blink" :confused:

Nighttime is awesome....it sucks when the wife is working in the same room and needs the light tho!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Not that it's important,
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
Same, only moreso that I can see the ground, not the planes  :D

Of course, when night comes during the day, I'm somewhat screwed  :rolleyes:

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Not that it's important,
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
Know what the real 308th did at night? They slept, so to be historicaly accurate I log out during night too.

Night sucks