Author Topic: Reverb G2 Microphone  (Read 701 times)

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
Reverb G2 Microphone
« on: November 03, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »
Hi folks,

I am in need of some smart assistance here:  I have a normally functioning Reverb G2 microphone in Windows 10 (as tested in Windows 10 Voice Recorder).  The microphone sounds perfectly normal in Windows 10!  That said, when using voice transmissions with others in the online arenas, other players  say that my microphone sounds "muffled."  Others thought that it was "overmodulated and garbled."  I have played with Aces High 3 sounds settings such as the Microphone volume, mic gain, etc...., all to no avail.  I have also went into Windows 10 settings and adjusted the microphone volume there, but still no fix for when I fly online.  Damn frustrating!  Interestingly, when I send voice transmissions to my own player ID, I can hear my transmissions just fine.  It is only when I send to others that they say that my voice is "muffled" and then they start to suggest to move the mic away from my mouth....  Well, it is a VR headset microphone, so I cannot really move the mic away!  Again, it sounds just fine when I send to myself in the game and sounds perfect in Win10 Voice Recorder.  Any thoughts? 

p.s., I run the game from the desktop (Aces High 3 DX11).  This then launches the "Do you wish to use your OpenVR headset?" Then the Mixed Reality Portal and STEAMVR launch and from there I can hop on-line to the arenas.

What is screwing with the microphone? I do not get it, since it works perfectly well in Windows 10!  Please help, thank you!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:31:09 PM by pelota »

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: Reverb G2 Microphone
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 09:40:19 PM »
Considering it sounds fine locally but not to other ppl my first thought is that the issue is somewhere along the network and not your mic. I don't really know how to diagnose those kinds of network issues but if you have another mic give it a try and see if they hear the same things.

Also make sure to uncheck the auto mic gain option, it liked to turn my mic all the way down at random times.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 05:33:40 PM »
Considering it sounds fine locally but not to other ppl my first thought is that the issue is somewhere along the network and not your mic. I don't really know how to diagnose those kinds of network issues but if you have another mic give it a try and see if they hear the same things.

Also make sure to uncheck the auto mic gain option, it liked to turn my mic all the way down at random times.

Hi Rocco: When I use my Oculus headset with the same network, my microphone sounds just fine....  So it has to be something else, maybe that something is Aces High 3 specific?  I just cannot figure it out!

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 05:35:14 PM »
Anyone else here using the HP Reverb G2 microphone, I cannot be the only guy using it, I am sure of that!  Anyone else having trouble with the G2 microphone in Aces High 3?

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 09:42:39 PM »
I've had my g2 for about a year now and haven't had any issues with the mic. A quick google search and I found this https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06984162 . It says to check the windows volume settings and turn it down to 50%. Guess it defaults to 100% on install.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 11:51:53 AM »
Anyone else here using the HP Reverb G2 microphone, I cannot be the only guy using it, I am sure of that!  Anyone else having trouble with the G2 microphone in Aces High 3?

My G2 mic appears to be working well.  I have had mic volume issues in the past, but at least so far my G2 mic seems to be working trouble free.  I've no suggestions beyond what it seems you've tried.   :cheers:

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 01:18:32 PM »
I've had my g2 for about a year now and haven't had any issues with the mic. A quick google search and I found this https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06984162 . It says to check the windows volume settings and turn it down to 50%. Guess it defaults to 100% on install.

Thanks, Rocco, I have already adjusted my Windows settings and it still sounds terrible to others in Aces High 3....  I do not know if it is worth it returning the headset to HP for an exchange, since the darn thing works well under windows 10 Voice Recorder testing....  Really do not know where to go from here!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 02:01:13 AM »
Thanks, Rocco, I have already adjusted my Windows settings and it still sounds terrible to others in Aces High 3....  I do not know if it is worth it returning the headset to HP for an exchange, since the darn thing works well under windows 10 Voice Recorder testing....  Really do not know where to go from here!
I had similar issue, with my RiftS mic. Would work fine, for 2 hours or so, then "Muting ITSELF"? Also my Mic distorted my actual voice, sounded Garbled for some time, before Muting Its self?  I narrowed it down, to an NVIDIA UPDATE...and the "Sound Drivers" that come with it.  I am NO EXPERT, but I quit "Up-Dating" the Drivers..and deleted EVERY THING NVIDIA Sounds Files.  NO ISSUES for 7 months!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain