Author Topic: My i5-3750k wont work for Win11..should i be worried?  (Read 878 times)

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
My i5-3750k wont work for Win11..should i be worried?
« on: November 19, 2021, 10:03:36 AM »
hello,
when i go into 'settings' to do my weekly backups
the screen tells me that my win10pro64bit PC is
not compatable with Win11.

it boils down to the CPU. 3570k is not supported..
win11 would like a i5 8000+ series or of course a i7 or i9.

the 3570k is 4 cores and above 1ghz..

why is it not compatable...just too old?

Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: My i5-3750k wont work for Win11..should i be worried?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 12:20:37 PM »
Yepp, age is the issue. The main thing is the lack of TPM 2.0 support.

Windows 10 will be along for another four years and two months so I wouldn't hurry with getting new hardware for an operating system suffering from teething troubles.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 02:26:31 PM »
Just run Windows 7 on it forever.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 12:24:50 PM »
I have been running Windows 11 for awhile now. No issues at all. That being said.... I do not see any reason to upgrade to 11 if you don't want to or can't. There is just nothing in 11 that is impressive enough to worry about an upgrade. Windows 10 will be supported for quite some time. Relax and have fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 02:17:01 AM »
The only real benefit, if you can call it that, is vendors knowing your browsing habits, what you say and do in private moments, and generally giving away all privacy. Microsoft really is Big Brother, but to fair so is Apple, Facebook, Twitter . . .
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 07:57:54 AM »
I have been running Windows 11 for awhile now. No issues at all. That being said.... I do not see any reason to upgrade to 11 if you don't want to or can't. There is just nothing in 11 that is impressive enough to worry about an upgrade. Windows 10 will be supported for quite some time. Relax and have fun.

This is really helpful, I haven’t made the leap to 11, but was questioning the length of time before it might force it. Thanks, Shuffler.

The only real benefit, if you can call it that, is vendors knowing your browsing habits, what you say and do in private moments, and generally giving away all privacy. Microsoft really is Big Brother, but to fair so is Apple, Facebook, Twitter . . .

This makes sense. Also, good to see you’re still around Chalenge, hope all is well sir. :salute