Author Topic: Crowd Funding Changes  (Read 2637 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Re: Crowd Funding Changes
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 12:23:08 PM »
Kuya,

I've actually had this exact thought recently! However, it would need to come with a solid business plan that said 'pool of buyers' agree to. Group leadership and consensus would be difficult. This is all predicated on HiTech even WANTING to sell in the first place!

But, it has been a sometimes-oft daily fantasy of mine. Would be awesome to get a player collective together and find some way to perpetually fund the server host fees, maintenance, etc. Let's start a Kickstarter!

Maybe when I retire in a couple years I could become the new face of Aces High, hehe. I've played since ~2000'ish timeframe and I'm just aloof and extraverted enough to keep the optimism alive!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:27:35 PM by SpinDoc1 »
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 02:40:56 PM »
When I get that lotto windfall...

I'll be changing the name of the Melee Arena to Kuya's Slaughterhouse.  :devil
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 09:57:46 PM »
you guys buy the game and it will die within months.

assuming it costs 5 million bucks and 10 of you put the money together.

first fight will be where to set up the servers. second who to hire to run the game. third and last fight will be what changes you want.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 07:18:30 AM »
In the meantime, there certainly is consensus for crowdfunding changes to the game by HiTech.  The ball is in their court on this now.

Alternatively, clear communications as to the statement of direction of the game would put everyone at ease.  Such a commitment would retain players and even attract new ones.  :old:
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
In the meantime, there certainly is consensus for crowdfunding changes to the game by HiTech.  The ball is in their court on this now.

:headscratch:

You posted a thread where a half dozen people mentioned (as it usually happens every time changes come up) that fixing the Tempest model would be a good idea, in a place that approximately 5% of the playerbase even knows about, and you call that "traction" and a meaningful consensus.

Wow.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 08:07:50 AM »
Wiley,

BBS "responders" only represent a vector of the 465 people that have read it so far.  I've also asked many people in-game and they are very favorable to the idea.

The ultimate judge of traction is HiTech.  He reads all the posts.

Wiley thanks for posting.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 10:34:29 AM »
I'm curious is there another subscription based MMOG out there with zero development that requires "crowd funding" to get added content?  Would like to check out their forum.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »
He reads all the posts.

How do you know that? Inquiring minds want to know. Well at least one.