Author Topic: 2007 Redeux?  (Read 11230 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: 2007 Redeux?
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »
Another of my favorite Hussman graphs:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 11:12:15 PM by Brooke »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2022, 11:44:10 PM »
1st mention of deltracon

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/01/08/cyprus-reportedly-discovers-a-covid-variant-that-combines-omicron-and-delta.html

Name is scary...

Wonder how these guys feel..

https://www.deltacron.com/

Eagler

So far, this is from one guy looking at it, and he has no idea of infectiousness or deadliness.  If he's right about seeing it (need more confirmation than one lab), it might be less infectious and less deadly than anything yet, or might die out as a variant without doing much.

I think we're going to be commonly and indefinitely hearing of new strains of covid.  Because it is a mutating virus without a 100% effective vaccine, and is now endemic, like flu.

Thanks, WIV.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2022, 07:12:25 AM »
The media is trying to get the public to crap its pants over the mild cold omicron variant...

If the deltacron is anyway more contagious and or deadly than omicron,  they might get the lockdown needed for later this year and with it even more money printed out of thin air for "stimulus " checks to "save the economy "

The excuse they are looking for NOT to have to correct their financial problems instead more can kicking..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »
brooks, you forgot to mention that the flu has around 220 strains. but once you catch one, you become immune to it.

the difference is covid you don't get the same natural immunity. you can become infected over and over. that's the scary part. what it does long term, nobody knows.

last week I took my wife to the doctor for her memory loss, he basically said, he didn't know what to do.

my wife has fallen several times, broken leg, arm and a rib when she becomes disoriented. had the police show up on a welfare check. showed them the videos that I saved and they left. have two ring cameras inside my house to keep an eye on her.

not a week goes by that a restaurant around my house closes for a week or two because they get infected.  same for the legions. a friend of mine passed away yesterday from getting infected at the legion.

media doesn't make me concerned. it's what happens around me that does.  I am not scared but concerned. I don't believe any media but I do believe my own eyes.  think some of you don't believe what you see.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2022, 10:23:32 PM »
brooks, you forgot to mention that the flu has around 220 strains. but once you catch one, you become immune to it.

the difference is covid you don't get the same natural immunity. you can become infected over and over. that's the scary part. what it does long term, nobody knows.

You aren't immune to flu after getting it once.  It mutates continually, requiring new vaccines every year.  You can get flu and get it again.  You can get one strain, then get another.  You can get co-infected with two strains at the same time.  Like with covid, some strains aren't that bad, and some are quite deadly (1918 Spanish flu, bird flu, swine flu).

There seem to be potentially useful early treatments for covid, but many are vigorously suppressed by the government and the status quo.  Most doctors seem to recommend nothing until you are sick enough that you go to the hospital.  By then, some things are too late.

I think that people will look back at this time and marvel at the level of bungling, partisan groupthink, and corruption.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2022, 10:51:27 PM »
flu has around 220 strains. but once you catch one, you become immune to it.
You are woefully incorrect.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2022, 03:03:53 AM »
Semp, as stated that is way off base and way too simplified. 

First, the influenza viruses are not corona viruses. There epidemiological differences are significant.

My microbiology prerequisites for nursing school were my favorite; really intriguing and eye opening about urban myths vs what has been factually proven and what is hypothesized but has strong evidence. 

Taking an intro to microbiology class would go a very long way for the average person relying on the “news” and TV doctors to explain these things.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2022, 07:19:45 AM »
I think they need to change the name from vaccine to something else...

I only took one polio vaccine

It's turning out this shot is not a one time thing, heck it isn't a three shot thing...

It is the best excuse for government overreach that has ever come along IMO

Semp - very sorry for your personal experience with this virus but it is not the normal experience for over 95% of ppl who catch any variant has..and in my opinion doesn't justify the actions taken so far and what they will try to get away with in the near future

To keep the peace in the family I got my booster last week and almost lol in Walgreens as I waited and read the paperwork which explains that the vaccine may not do anything and to continue to social distance and wear masks...

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2022, 10:09:21 AM »
Was it ever claimed the covid vaccine was 100% effective?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2022, 10:22:51 AM »
Having a running email argument with a Perma-Bull friend of mine.  He is convinced that rate hikes will be bullish for the market as it will eliminate uncertainly.  He expects the market to climb another 20%+ this year.  He says this bull market can extend another decade.  Buy the dips, sell the rips!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/goldman-predicts-the-fed-while-hike-rates-four-times-this-year-more-than-previously-expected.html?__source=newsletter%7Cinvestorsclub

Four rate hikes this year?  And QE Taper? And QE balance-sheet reduction?  And possibly two regional wars with nuclear armed near-peers popping off? 

If the market climbs 20% this year then I fundamentally don't understand how markets works.  I'll just have to buy some annuities and take my hands off the controls. ;)

I told him I am going to have a t-shirt printed for him:

"stock prices have reached what looks like a permanent plateau." - Economist Irving Fisher, Fall 1929

:rofl

One of us has some interesting lessons to learn about markets soon.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:24:49 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2022, 11:35:35 AM »

Dudley thinks the Fed will start to raise its benchmark rate four or five times this year and ultimately have to raise it benchmark rate to 3%-4%.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/4-mistakes-the-powell-fed-made-from-a-former-insider-11641831898?mod=home-page

Bahahahahaaa.  I dare them.  I double-dog dare them.   :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2022, 11:38:41 AM »
I think it's your bullish friend who is in for the education...

If they raise rates as they should it will not be bullish for the market..not until after the crash and what follows...

I think they are baking in the next excuse they will use to prevent those rate increases.. see previous post

Eagler

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »
Was it ever claimed the covid vaccine was 100% effective?

That was the 1st fantasy they were spewing...not until the break through cases did they change the narrative

Eagler

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2022, 11:46:43 AM »
That was the 1st fantasy they were spewing...not until the break through cases did they change the narrative

Eagler
No, it was not. Pfizer and Moderna were both 96% effective against the original virus according to trials. Please source where any company claimed to have 100% efficacy against contracting the virus.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2022, 12:44:16 PM »
Vaccine effectiveness is looking bad for Omicron, perhaps even negative (i.e., worse than having no vaccine) for folks with 2 shots according to studies out of Denmark and Canada.  The studies say that boosters improve the effectiveness initially over 2 shots (so that it is no longer negative), but don't know how that holds up over more time.

This news is being hyped by right news and misrepresented/downplayed by left news.

But you can read the papers yourself and not rely on agenda-driven re-interpretations.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v3.full-text

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.30.21268565v1.full-text