Author Topic: Overnight Tower Sitters  (Read 5803 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Overnight Tower Sitters
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
I didn't ask..... can I pay my sub and not gripe?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 01:16:17 AM »
As an overseas player I see it many times, as an autoswitcher I'll be on the team with the least players wondering why I cant get a single person to help.  I always see the same names every day tower sitting and taking up space on the team and we end up not getting any other autoswitchers to help. 
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline BHawk51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 06:14:00 PM »
I've texted with several players over the years about this same problem. I'm wondering instead of booting the Tower Campers, why not have them moved to the O Club where they can have a cocktail while AFK? Then change the logarithm to not have the O Club count against the ENY. I'm guilty as well of forgetting to log off for one reason or another, and I know the feeling of seeing half of your country camping the tower.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
Full disclosure... I'm not a tower camper and I've been paying since Jan of 2008.

With the catalog of aircraft available in AH... THIS is an issue? Which 5 ENY (or 10 ENY?) aircraft can't you do without??? 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 11:41:55 AM »
Eny should only focus on players in the air currently.

Not sure if its an easy fix, but that makes a lot more sense.
 I believe the only reason why they aren't booted is so the #s look good and keep people logging in late at night or early morning when they log in. It's better to see 15 players in the arena than 5.

People who aren't actively in the fight should not represent ENY.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
Some people leave multiplayer games up all the time.     It's like a window into different world.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »
With the catalog of aircraft available in AH... THIS is an issue? Which 5 ENY (or 10 ENY?) aircraft can't you do without???

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »
Some people leave multiplayer games up all the time.     It's like a window into different world.

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL kind of eerie nut yeah.

Agreed.

- oldman

I agree with this.... because Oldman does.  :aok    :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2021, 03:25:04 PM »
They probably spawned the metaverse concept :)

I don't think we have seen creepy yet...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 03:27:02 PM »
I was playing last night. when numbers dropped to around 20 per country, there was about about even numbers of players in the tower. when they dropped to around 10 or 12 it was still an even number of players in tower 4 or 5 per country.

even hitech himself has said if they want to stay in the game they will find a way.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
right now bishops are hording for a change.  about 10 players per country in tower, checked several times in last 1/2 hour.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »
Question ...If you bail near a bad guy field then hide, does it flash the base? Had it happen last night. GV dar was up but GV not to be seen anywhere.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2021, 06:33:50 PM »
Question ...If you bail near a bad guy field then hide, does it flash the base? Had it happen last night. GV dar was up but GV not to be seen anywhere.

Yes it does...
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2021, 11:40:17 AM »

I have been in the mornings PST and the eny was so bad we could only up an early zeke off the carrier. Other times flying 25+ eny planes against a horde of F4U-4s. We had more in game but half the numbers in the air. So.. 5 to 10 eny no biggie, but 25+ eny because of tower campers, yes it’s a big deal. Same with a Jeep flashing a base, pulls resources. Idle time out is the tool, no way around that. 10 minutes no movement, server kick, easy to implement. If you are poaching in a tank, just swing the turret. If you go to sleep or pass out drunk, someone gets a Proxies maybe. If you are tin the tower….no harm no foul just kicked out of game.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2022, 11:07:42 AM »
Creative gameplay has given way to whack-a-mole. 

Base flashes, up a spit with a bomb and repeat.