Author Topic: KOTH 2022 Rule changes  (Read 1924 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH 2022 Rule changes
« on: December 02, 2021, 05:44:23 PM »
Anyone have anything to discuss about KOTH rules going forward?

I am going to make it official that from hence forth after you win a regular season KOTH, that will add 1 to the number of rounds you need to win an event.
So, whomever wins January 2022 KOTH will have to win 4 rounds to win in February.
And thinking how that would relate to the TOC, it makes sense that if you have already won a TOC or TOCs, each TOC win would add a round to how many you need to win this year's TOC. I'll have to go back and get a TOC winners list for this one I guess.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: KOTH 2022 Rule changes
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 08:42:49 AM »
That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Thanks fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 11:08:38 AM »
That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Thanks fuzeman!

Eagler

Thanks for the input.
The regular season ‘add one after a win’ has been floated for some time now but the TOC idea, which is a logical next step IMO, is sort of new and I may hold off on that until the 2022 TOC.
Opinions? Probably should add, opinions from KOTH participants.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 09:05:26 PM »
Regarding using the add a round to win 🏆 for each past KOTH TOC event win, that applies to those players who have already previously been crowned 👑 as "KOTH TOC Champion for the year of ****"

as mentioned
how that would relate to the TOC, it makes sense that if you have already won a TOC or TOCs, each TOC win would add a round to how many you need to win this year's TOC.

I would suggest that it not be applied to the upcoming KOTH TOC tournament for the year of 2021, since it is already December and a little less than a month before this particular Championship event.... just not enough time to let those players who are past KOTH TOC Champions to get ready...

I think it would help to use the new rule for the entire year of 2022 in each monthly KOTH event, to allow all KOTH participants to get use to it...

My thoughts

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 11:44:57 AM »
TOC change will go into effect next year. That will give my secretary time to get a list of TOC winners made up.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 09:00:52 PM »
Last years attendance was: January 10, February 11, March not enough to run it, April 8, May 7, June 13, July 10, August 10, September 7, October 9, November 6, December 7; with an average attendance of just under 9. It's not worth running the event if so few people attend even if those who do enjoy the duels they have. I volunteered to host a King Of The Hill and not a ladder or a few people dueling who could arrange that themselves.
Hence forth I will require at least 7 people attend the event, excluding me, the host. That would have only effected one KOTH last year and I think it's a good starting number. And I have been trying to start the event closer to 9 pm and will continue to do so. That means, if by 9:10 on my clock we do not have 8 people in the arena, the event will not be run.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »
Sounds good - we appreciate your management of KOTH very much!

Thanks fuzeman!!

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 01:43:20 PM »
I did ask during the event and looking at the numbers it seemed a good starting place.
Personally I’d have gone higher but we will never see those numbers now days.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 02:29:57 PM »
If you can't get the minimum it's not the event it needs to be for numerous reasons

<S>

Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 11:28:26 AM »
Last years attendance was: January 10, February 11, March not enough to run it, April 8, May 7, June 13, July 10, August 10, September 7, October 9, November 6, December 7; with an average attendance of just under 9. It's not worth running the event if so few people attend even if those who do enjoy the duels they have. I volunteered to host a King Of The Hill and not a ladder or a few people dueling who could arrange that themselves.
Hence forth I will require at least 7 people attend the event, excluding me, the host. That would have only effected one KOTH last year and I think it's a good starting number. And I have been trying to start the event closer to 9 pm and will continue to do so. That means, if by 9:10 on my clock we do not have 8 people in the arena, the event will not be run.

We came close last night to scrubbing the event. Anyone want to discuss this further? 8 is barely enough to have a KOTH in my opinion.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 12:54:16 PM »
Yes I  think last night showed 8 minimum in that small map IMO.

One has to have subjects to conquer to become king 🤴

Congrats StepSis!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

Eagler

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 01:02:42 PM »
I did like the way you grounded us at 10 after to get it going..

I apologize for that as I was not paying attention to the time as I should have been.

Poking around after 9pm is a pet peeve of mine as it delays the start.

<S>

Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 01:36:21 PM »
Breaking away from the Canadian F1, 8 is a bare minimum IMO.
I recall, at least it seemed from my POV and radio comms, a few instances 1- where three guys were equidistant, had the same separation and merged together and 2- there was a group of maybe 5 guys in a furball at once and the excitement rose. Beating the deceased equine but that’s KOTH to me. Not a few guys pairing off in duels to see who is left. That’s a small ladder event. I’d probably hate it in the long run but a true KOTH to me almost needs the winner to be an Ace that round; ie: getting 5+ kills which we’ve never really had.

I prefer starting as close to 9 as possible too.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 05:26:15 AM »
Figured I’d keep it in this thread, as far as “fly offs” are concerned I think there would be some value in hashing out a set of rules for them.

Years(Dec 2017) ago I nearly had a fly off with my squaddie(I was also wabbit in this situation). It was last 3 and I was the third man in on a 1v1, I had the alt and energy And decided that the guy who wasn’t my squaddie would have been a bigger threat to me so I went after him first. This player in frustration broke the alt cap after I had already shot him up and proceeded to shoot me down before bailing out. I was offered a fly off with my squaddie but figured since it was our last chance to qualify annnd I was already a wabbit and he had one win. So I let him take that round for himself so he would get the TOC invite aswell.

Anecdotes aside, clear concise rules would be a good way to avoid drama that may be lurking in the future. I like the idea of having the fly off take place over the field that way those in the tower can watch, however there’s the possibility of people complaining about a disparity in E states/ merging alts. What does everyone else think?
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2022, 06:22:11 AM »
I think a fly off is a good idea as the rest are waiting for the next round to start and no one wants to watch someone try to fly the other into the ground or out of fuel if both are Winchester regardless how well they both can dly :)

That said, it is very rare this occurs

Congrats again StepSis!

Eagler