Author Topic: KOTH 2022 Rule changes  (Read 1925 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: KOTH 2022 Rule changes
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 08:57:35 AM »
Figured I’d keep it in this thread, as far as “fly offs” are concerned I think there would be some value in hashing out a set of rules for them.

Years(Dec 2017) ago I nearly had a fly off with my squaddie(I was also wabbit in this situation). It was last 3 and I was the third man in on a 1v1, I had the alt and energy And decided that the guy who wasn’t my squaddie would have been a bigger threat to me so I went after him first. This player in frustration broke the alt cap after I had already shot him up and proceeded to shoot me down before bailing out. I was offered a fly off with my squaddie but figured since it was our last chance to qualify annnd I was already a wabbit and he had one win. So I let him take that round for himself so he would get the TOC invite aswell.

Anecdotes aside, clear concise rules would be a good way to avoid drama that may be lurking in the future. I like the idea of having the fly off take place over the field that way those in the tower can watch, however there’s the possibility of people complaining about a disparity in E states/ merging alts. What does everyone else think?

Apologies if I use you to much as opposed to all people who fly in it.
You ask for concise rules, and KOTH has it’s share of rules, and also mention a player ignoring them by breaking alt cap and not DQing themselves. Tough to have that cake and eat it too.
A few think of the rules as suggestions, especially alt. cap I think but they keep the event honest with some integrity to the results. The guy who does that corrupts the round as he takes up resourses every player they encounter that could use them later in their fight.

Whining and feeling sorry for myself but that’s why I rarely fly in the ONLY event I really would like to fly in. It used to be much more self-policing with people pointing out stuff. Whether that was ‘safely’ only in tower, back when range channel was better or even on  VOX 101, at least that’s how I remember it. As of now the CM also has to be a :police:
That’s what I got on cup of coffee #1
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2022, 08:20:45 AM »
Last years attendance was: January 10, February 11, March not enough to run it, April 8, May 7, June 13, July 10, August 10, September 7, October 9, November 6, December 7; with an average attendance of just under 9. It's not worth running the event if so few people attend even if those who do enjoy the duels they have. I volunteered to host a King Of The Hill and not a ladder or a few people dueling who could arrange that themselves.
Hence forth I will require at least 7 people attend the event, excluding me, the host. That would have only effected one KOTH last year and I think it's a good starting number. And I have been trying to start the event closer to 9 pm and will continue to do so. That means, if by 9:10 on my clock we do not have 8 people in the arena, the event will not be run.

Comments?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2022, 11:00:09 AM »
First thanks fuzeman for hosting it last night with minimal numbers!

What should happen if what happened last night happens?

It starts with the minimum but quickly went under it..

Should it then be canceled?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 09:12:08 AM »
First thanks fuzeman for hosting it last night with minimal numbers!

What should happen if what happened last night happens?

It starts with the minimum but quickly went under it..

Should it then be canceled?

Eagler

I would find it hard to stop an event that way but KOTH does need a certain level of attendance otherwise it’s a few guys getting together to have some fights. Most understand that I think.
I have to say though it sure smelled fishy to me for those couple to pop in to get it going and then leave. I felt like a piano.

From 9:00 to 9:10 is like pulling a scab off, faster the better not that you should do it at all.

So next month 9:00 pm will be to go no go time.