Author Topic: GeForce GTX 1650 Nvidia Settings  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
GeForce GTX 1650 Nvidia Settings
« on: December 03, 2021, 10:49:37 AM »
I was wondering what settings are best for the GeForce GTX 1650 Super. Each application is configurable through the Nvidia control panel.

I have included a screen shot of my current setting for the game. Everything seems to be good except there is a shimmering to the trees that I find annoying.
The man of many names

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: GeForce GTX 1650 Nvidia Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 11:07:18 AM »
Not too familiar with the Nvidia control panel, but in-game I tend to turn off Reflections and Shadows as I find them to be distracting. Not sure how the shimmering trees look without a screenshot, though.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »
AH3 is designed to be used with default settings of the video card. The graphic settings are meant to be adjusted in-game. At least that's the last official comment about it I've seen.

That doesn't mean you can't get more pleasing results for your very hardware by adjusting this or that but people having done that in the past have encountered new issues after seemingly having fixed one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 12:43:10 PM »
What kind of frame rates are you getting?   The 1650 seems like it might be the best value card for Aces High. 

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 04:49:53 PM »
With everything maxed out, I get 60. Zooming in the view cuts it way down, 25 - 35 maybe and that can be annoying. Not sure why though, this thing runs Forza 5 beautifully. The whole rig was like 800 bucks at the end of last year. At the time I had a heck of a hassle finding any kind of gaming PC that I could afford that wasn't more of a light show than a computer.
The man of many names

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 01:50:20 AM »
The reason for Forza running better may well be distance related. In AH you can see for miles, all directions. As Forza is a car game there's no need to calculate how light transfers through air in various altitudes, for example.

You say you have everything maxed out and still get 60. That's plenty! A couple of years after AH3 was released there still was no video card that could do that! The Environment Mapping slider is the worst resource hog and based on your experience with zooming in I'd guess that's the culprit in your case as well. It's for mirroring objects on shiny surfaces and was originally used mainly for stills and videos. In an air-to-air fight you rarely benefit from seeing the mirrored image of your plane on the shiny surface of a B17 or a P51...
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 08:09:38 AM »
I wouldn't set that Environment mapper setting to more than 1.  Its a performance killer and I haven't noticed a big difference visually.

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 04:24:26 PM »
thanks guys. makes sense. will turn it down.
The man of many names

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 05:05:03 PM »
The Environment Mapping slider is the worst resource hog and based on your experience with zooming in I'd guess that's the culprit in your case as well. It's for mirroring objects on shiny surfaces and was originally used mainly for stills and videos.

turned it off and now when I zoom in I get much better FPS. Thanks for the tip.
The man of many names

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 02:05:53 PM »
Being able to zoom in and not lose 75% of my FPS is a freaking game changer. I will still suck at the game, but at least now I will have a higher frame rate when I get killed.
The man of many names

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 02:24:57 PM »
That's fixing one issue at a time. A good start! :aok

Kotisivuni

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »
Okay after messing with all the GeForce settings I've come to the following conclusion: leave them at the default with two exceptions. 1: anti-aliasing FXAA and 2. anti-aliasing gamma correction. Turn them both to On. Messing with anything else seems to do more damage than good and screws up the image quality, at least on this machine.
The man of many names

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 05:55:07 PM »
Robbler, what machine are you running?
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »
HP Pavilion gaming PC. came with 8GB ram and the GeForce GTX Super. I feel it was a good value at the time.
The man of many names

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »
okay so I had the frames limited. turns out I am getting up to 179 fps. I just wish my eyes were capable of that.
The man of many names