Author Topic: Cockpit  (Read 884 times)

Offline On3Adam

• Zinc Member
Cockpit
« on: December 19, 2021, 11:15:27 AM »
Is it just me or does the cockpit in the C.202/C.205 seem miniature  compared to others in VR joystick seems tiny etc…

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cockpit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 12:14:14 PM »
I think the Macchi's had tight cockpits.  Compare it in VR to the P-47, which is known to have a large cockpit.

<S>

Offline On3Adam

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 02:33:46 PM »
The cockpit is clearly too small. The joystick looks like a pencil and the throttle controls etc. I like the plane but won't fly it cause it looks way too weird n VR.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 10:49:56 PM »
The cockpit is correct, they were very small and tight.

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 07:12:10 PM »
The cockpit of the C202 is correct in Non-VR but is 3/4 scale in VR. I wont fly it either because of that reason.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 10:59:07 PM »
The cockpit of the C202 is correct in Non-VR but is 3/4 scale in VR. I wont fly it either because of that reason.

It's the same cockpit. There is no difference between cockpits in VR or non-VR. Unless you are high or something.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 02:56:05 AM »
Is it just me or does the cockpit in the C.202/C.205 seem miniature  compared to others in VR joystick seems tiny etc…
Is it even smaller than that of a Bf 109 G2? They really were small. I was somewhat shocked to see how tiny the G2 was in real life, knowing the importance of it on our fronts. The pilots weren't too big either, 5½ ft and 120 lbs may have been an upper average of their size. There was taller and bulkier ones but a smaller and skinnier one could fit better into the cockpit. And based on the photos no matter how tall they were, no one was fat!

An average American pilot most likely was bigger than his European counterpart, especially compared to Southern Europeans. People on the Northern coast of the Mediterranean Sea still are relatively small.

Some interesting reading about cockpit sizing: https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2016/01/16/when-us-air-force-discovered-the-flaw-of-averages.html
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni