Author Topic: Oculus 2 and blue screen  (Read 1801 times)

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
Oculus 2 and blue screen
« on: December 29, 2021, 02:51:28 PM »
I have the Oculus 2. when I boot everything, Oculus app then AHIII. I get a white screen and a do you want to use Oculus choice. Then I get a blue screen with the intro sound and narrator but nothing else. I must be missing a step?
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Oculus 2 and blue screen
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 04:02:27 AM »
Maybe Re-Center you're View?  If I click "Wanna use Rift "(White Screen), with headset off..and then put it on. Sign in Page is GONE! Recenter=They U R...also It is Blue Screen
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 09:11:10 AM »
Loaded the game in the Oculus Library. I see a splash screen but is stuck on "Loading". Some progress anyway lol.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 09:28:11 AM »
Loaded the game in the Oculus Library. I see a splash screen but is stuck on "Loading". Some progress anyway lol.

Remove your headset and look at the monitor - there may be a white screen waiting for you to click a button.

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 10:14:53 AM »
I did and clicked the yes button. Didn't help at all. Dang...
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 05:23:17 AM »
"oculus2? Quest2? RiftS?  I use RIFTS! Yes..Quest might be Different, but I NEVER had to open AH through Oculus. I have a Quest2 out for delivery...just might be able to get you up and running? IMHO/Experience, AH wants you to specify "Use xxx", or "WMR"...or yadda yadda..and seamless integration. If you go into your AH folders...you will see that "With VR" is saved in a separate Folder? Set game to use DX11!!! The Quest will be here shortly. Hang in there...Help is coming
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:28:39 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 08:34:43 AM »
I think it might help to post your system specs, too.  People might be able to look at it and rule some things out, or give you direction to go in.

For example, if you have a non-F model Intel CPU, you have integrated graphics on the CPU.  Maybe the game is hanging because its stuck on using the integrated graphics and not your graphics card.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 09:12:01 AM »
I have a RiftS. With mine I just have the Oculus software running first and minimized. I run the AH3 DX11 exe (don't try it with DX9 as that's no go for VR), when it asks if I want to use my Oculus headset I click yes, off I go.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 01:46:47 PM »
Yes. My Quest 2. The AH splash screen will ask if I want to use the VR and I click YES. Then all I get on the PC is the desktop screen and the same in the headset if I click on Desktop tab.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 01:59:52 PM »
OK, this is how I have to load mine. I had the Rift when I started and have now switched to the Quest 2.

I put on the headset and power it on, allowing the link and setting the boundries. Once the "home" screen comes on I click on the "settings" button and select the rift connection. This opens the original rift home screen.

I then slide the headset up on my head to start the DX11 version of the game and answer yes to the "Do you want to use VR" question and then it loads the game.

Of course I load "Voice Attach" in there as well, but that is how I have to load mine up. It is the only way that it work every time.

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 02:07:20 PM »
I'll give it another try Fugi. I'll reload the Oculus PC software first.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 02:48:32 PM »
Removed and reloading the PC software seems to have fixed it. The graphics look fuzzy but I'll work on that. First sortie in a plane made me queezy a bit. First in a GV shows my stick settings has changed a lot. Time to tweek some stuff. Thanks Folks!
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Luft

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fw190.org (soon to be resurrected w/ new domain)
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 11:21:53 AM »
I thought I could plug and play the Oculus 2 on my new machine but dummy me didn't go for the vid card upgrade during the build. Figured I could use my GTX 750ti. Negative! Needs a GTX 970 minimum. It meets all other Oculus 2 VR requirements. That's the bottleneck. These newer headsets have twice the pixels as the previous version and it is WiFi. Also bought the cable to link to PC. Just need a card. Now it's going to be tougher than Chinese arithmetic to find a card with the shortages and everyone jumping into Metaverse. I can use the Oculus remote desktop app to connect to my machine anywhere in the house though and, I can fly AH using the headset but it is not in 3D LOL. It is on a huge movie theater screen though...whoopee.

I don't come here to the forums much. Is there a flea market listing thread for people selling stuff? I will look for  :bolt:it. Not paying $300 for a GTX970 made in 2013!
Luft
 :bolt:
Luft

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
Best of luck with that. The graphics card market is crazy right now. Everything, even cards that are years old, generations of GPU old, are going for ridiculous prices. Even so, a new 30 series nvidia card, released a year and a half ago, is just about unobtainable. Wish I could get one at close to normal price. I could sell my 2060 for more than I bought it for new years ago!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Luft

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fw190.org (soon to be resurrected w/ new domain)
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 05:42:18 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED!  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I just bought another XPS 8940.
Excellent deal popped up for $600 ($300 off) for a big tower with the 11th gen I5-11400 and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super!
That will work fine.

So I basically bought a new computer just to get the $300 graphics card...times are strange and so am eye but that;s a good deal...for me anyways.
You can never have too many computers my friends.

Luft
 :bolt:
Luft

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades