Author Topic: Announcing TFT "Bougainville" -- running February 5  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Announcing TFT "Bougainville" -- running February 5
« on: January 08, 2022, 04:16:02 PM »
Howdy, pilots of Aces High!

Announcing TFT "Bougainville", running February 5.  Fly in it whenever you want from noon to 9 pm Eastern Time US.

More details and registration here:
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/target-for-today/current-or-next

It is late 1943, and the allies are fighting to expand the beachhead taken at Bougainville.  Their goal is to get enough territory to build a couple of air bases, then use these air bases for raids on Rabaul.

But there are still appreciable numbers of Japanese troops on Bougainville, with Japanese airfields to the north in Buka and the south near Buin.  In addition, the Japanese are launching air strikes from Rabaul and sending in ships with reinforcements and supplies.

Join us as the allied air forces in the Solomons (USN, USMC, RNZAF, and the US 13th AF), collectively called “AirSols,” fight the Imperial Japanese forces over the fate of Bougainville.

F4U-1’s, P-38G’s, P-40N’s, and P-40N attackers vs. Ki-61’s, A6M5’s, and Ki-67’s.  Fight to protect your territory and to deny the enemy’s ability to reinforce his position.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Announcing TFT "Bougainville" -- running February 5
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 06:27:13 PM »
before I die, I would love to have a pony scenario.

till then, I'll take a p38, always wanted to fly one of those :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 07:17:01 PM »
Brooke,

The good news is, this sounds like fun.

The bad news is, I have so many questions to ask that I know I will expose my ignorance.

The good news is, There are probably people who will miss out because they're afraid to ask the questions I'm about to ask.  And, since I have been exposing my ignorance since I learned to talk, here goes....

1.  On the website for this event, there's a 'member log in' thing.  Do I need to create yet another online member account to get the 'member's access' or will my username/login info for the forum here or for AH playing work?  I'm guessing 'not.'

2.  This is an AH arena, so will my settings for AH work here or will I need to log in ahead of time and remap my controllers?

3.  Are you going to keep hyping this or is this the only notification for this event?  I mean, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday and I'm lucky I found my reading glasses to make this post.

There was something else I thought I wanted to ask but... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 07:34:53 PM »
Hey Decoy, I can answer these.

1) yeah it's a separate login. You can make it the same as here if you like though. In fact I would recommend you do use the same name. Makes it easier to figure out who's signed up and you don't have to remember yet another login.

2) yep your settings will stay with you to other arenas. You won't have to remap your controller.

3) there will definitely be more posts. And usually a sub forum will be created specifically for the event, with hidden forums for both sides for planning.

4) newcomers are definitely welcome! It might seem intimidating at first but it's a great, friendly group of ppl. Just let your squad lead know you're new and they will look after you. pretty much just follow their lead.

5) yes it is a lot of fun! If you haven't done scenarios or FSO before it's very different from the MA. Set squadrons all flying the same aircraft, detailed plans and strategies, and a different kind of fight and feel. Scenarios are the best part of the game in my opinion.

I know you didn't ask the last two but it really is a great time. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Hope to see you there!
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 10:59:34 PM »
I would love to have a pony scenario.

Next scenario is March-ish.  Magic 8 Ball says, "Signs point to yes."

till then, I'll take a p38, always wanted to fly one of those :cheers:

semp

Yay!  Come on in, semp!  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 11:03:36 PM »
Howdy, Decoy!

It would be great if you can fly in the event.  Rocco answered the questions.  I will just emphasize this one:

3.  Are you going to keep hyping this

with a "most definitely".  :aok

I definitely post *a lot* about Scenarios and TFT's, working to get folks to play and, if possible, to register (because that helps us estimate turnout).

However, you can always register now, and then put a February 5th reminder on your calendar or sticky note on computer monitor or what have you.  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 11:53:48 PM »
Next scenario is March-ish.  Magic 8 Ball says, "Signs point to yes."

Yay!  Come on in, semp!  :aok

i got a woodie  :rock :rock :rock :rock

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 01:33:39 AM »
My first scenario was Hell over the Hinterland about 5 years ago, I flew a Pony D. It got me hooked. I still have the screenshot of my first kill and I don't think I've missed a scenario since.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 09:03:57 AM »
Howdy, Decoy!

However, you can always register now, and then put a February 5th reminder on your calendar or sticky note on computer monitor or what have you.  :aok

Okay, I am now a registered user of the special events site and it was actually less painful than a dry shave, so I'm good.  I didn't spend a lot of time exploring and poking around to see what all is there, but I need something to do tomorrow anyway.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 05:12:57 PM »
i got a woodie  :rock :rock :rock :rock

....there comes a time in life where that is a cause to celebrate!    :old:

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 05:15:02 PM »
Okay, I am now a registered user of the special events site and it was actually less painful than a dry shave, so I'm good.  I didn't spend a lot of time exploring and poking around to see what all is there, but I need something to do tomorrow anyway.

decoy, am glad to see you signed up.  IMHO scenarios are the most fun part of AH, especially if you into the history.   :aok

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 08:40:56 AM »
TFTs are great events - you can pop in and out as time permits all day long.   Takes a lot of the scheduling pressure off.

And in this particular plane set, there's not a single plane I don't much care for.   Looks to be a great set-up.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 01:31:05 PM »
I just MAY resub for this event.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »