Author Topic: CM Eye  (Read 905 times)

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
CM Eye
« on: January 09, 2022, 06:35:19 PM »
The KOTH TOC event is coming up and I see where CM Eye is going to be activated so non participants can watch the fun.

Great.  How do I do that?  In previous events CM Eye was activated but my time available on the nights in question was limited, so there was no need to use that resource once I was eliminated.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: CM Eye
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:48:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure I saw a post recently (but can't find it again) about how the CM eye is enabled in the TA and you can go there to set it up so you're ready for the KOTH viewing.   

edit:  yeah, CM eye enabled in TA.  Are you subscribed to the KOTH forum here on the BBS?  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,135.0.html

To enable CM - be online in the TA, and Options/Controls/Map Keys/View - there may be more to it because I remember having it tied into my Joystick, tho' so I think something may have changed since I last used it years ago.

Do you have what it takes to be THE Aces High's King of the Hill?

http://www.ahevents.net/index.php/events/koth

We have our 2021 Tournament Of Champions to run on Saturday 15 January 2022 in SEA II at 9 PM EST, 8 pm CST, 7 pm MST, 6 pm PST with Lazers choice of the P-38G.
The reservation list for the TOC- Eagler, FX1, JeffN, Lazer, Navy, Peanut1, Rylee, SEViper, Simon, tdgShane, TC, train45, trogdor, Violator, Wiley
Winner of the TOC gets three months of Aces High. While you do need a reservation to fly in the TOC, as usual CM Eye will be enabled to watch fights as long as watchers do not transform into distruptors. CM Eye is enabled in the TA for testing and setup purposes I believe.

Concept:

All players fly the same plane type
    Fight to the death
    Winner of the round chooses the next plane
    Repeat until someone wins three rounds,
     which do not need to be in a row.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:12:58 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 10:02:06 AM »
The KOTH TOC event is coming up and I see where CM Eye is going to be activated so non participants can watch the fun.

Great.  How do I do that?  In previous events CM Eye was activated but my time available on the nights in question was limited, so there was no need to use that resource once I was eliminated.

Any help will be appreciated.

How I personally do it with an X52:

Set two of my stick T keys on the base to set Control Mode 1 and 4. So you press up and it goes to 1, press down and it goes to 4. Then on Control Mode 4 I set my trigger to CM Eye Forward (I think, it's under View). This I believe is the gunner mode, so if you use your stick for gunning it won't work well, but I personally use the mouse for gunning.

When that is set, you'll hit F5 and F8 to go into external view in the tower. Then press your button that you assigned Control Mode 4 to. Once the text buffer confirms you are in Mode 4, press the trigger and you'll move forward. You can use your stick to maneuver and your throttle to control the speed at which you fly around the map. To exit CM eye you can just hit F1 to go back to tower view.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 10:24:39 AM »
This is going to be something I'm going to miss because, quite frankly, I've bought street drugs in a strange city with less effort.

Y'all have fun.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 10:34:04 AM »
It takes all of 5 minutes to set up.  :aok
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 06:31:36 PM »
Here is a cheat sheet I posted to remind myself how to do it..

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,399712.0.html

It's easier than it sounds to setup and use

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 09:23:35 AM »
It takes all of 5 minutes to set up.  :aok

I appreciate your efforts to help, but no thanks.  My children say "Daddy!  It's easy!  It only takes five minutes!"  Yeah, for them it take five minutes.  for me it takes three day and a half a bottle of Xanax.  This game is a stress reliever for me and I have enough intelligence to know when to leave something alone.  Some days that all the intelligence I have, but I've learned.

Again, thanks for your suggestions.  Please enjoy your day.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 11:54:32 AM »
Setting up CM Eye is easier than following the KOTH rules, and you do AOK with them.
Name a day time and I’ll help. I know we’d like you there watching!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 05:01:43 PM »
Now I feel like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible :rofl
Decoy and I meeting to work on CM Eye.
I actually feel more  like him in War of the Worlds or second Reacher film as I drive a 1994 Voyager.  LoL
Decoy, remember those three things in your signature!
We’ll NAIL IT!!!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 03:54:32 AM »
Cogitating this and have come up with an issue. When I use CM Eye, I have left hand on throttle controlling my speed and right had on stick flying as you are flying around sort of.
How can you then hit a keyboard key like that. And not just hit but hold it down. The only way I came up with is just leaving throttle at some relatively low setting and using that hand to hold the keyboard key down.
Anyone use a PC mouse for CM Eye?
Guess I have a hour or three to sleep on it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 08:28:28 AM »
Ok, I get the message after the PMs.  Exit stage left<<<<<