Author Topic: John Wayne  (Read 2004 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
John Wayne
« on: January 10, 2022, 06:06:58 AM »
The Duke shot over 100 movies and never shot a crew member :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: John Wayne
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:49:52 AM »
He had 84 western pictures where he was likely using a pistol like the Colt 1873 (peacemaker). No AD's that I know of and certainly never shot a crew member. Then again he wasn't some idiot liberal crybaby either.

http://sptddog.com/sotp/duke.html
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 11:28:44 AM »
Ward Bond had an accidental discharge during the filming of The Searchers. Well, kind of... Wayne tosses Bond a Colt, saying "it's loaded". Bond had his finger on the trigger and he fired a blank at hip level. You can see the surprise on his face, but the director kept the scene in the film.

Alan Ladd had an accidental discharge in the final shootout scene in Shane. He was careless with the trigger and fired a blank at the floor of the saloon. Nonetheless, the actor on the high balcony dutifully performed his death scene....

In both cases, the revolvers were pointed in a safe direction (at no one) and were verified as loaded with blanks.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:50:26 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 11:31:34 AM »
Yeah... Except the film was cancelled....

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:34:43 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 11:33:00 AM »
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 11:36:11 AM »
This reads to me like another attempted end-run around HiTech's policy of no politics.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 11:39:46 AM »
This reads to me like another attempted end-run around HiTech's policy of no politics.

Doesn't it, though?  (Bit the 'trollbait', bro.)
:old:

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 12:33:33 PM »

Politics? Not hardly. It's about current events. It's about an angry, washed up, ego-centric actor who was negligent with a firearm and killed a person, wounding another. You know, a liar too. "I never pulled that trigger". Won't allow police to access his phone. Search warrant was exercised, but his encrypted password won't let them open the phone. Not politics. Criminal behavior...
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
Politics? Not hardly. It's about current events. It's about an angry, washed up, ego-centric actor who was negligent with a firearm and killed a person, wounding another. You know, a liar too. "I never pulled that trigger". Won't allow police to access his phone. Search warrant was exercised, but his encrypted password won't let them open the phone. Not politics. Criminal behavior...

Thanks for your opinions. I'll let the authorities state the facts when they are released.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 01:27:12 PM »
Well, the next time The Duke makes a good movie it will be the first time...
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 01:46:45 PM »
Thanks for your opinions. I'll let the authorities state the facts when they are released.

Curious.... do you think the gun pointed at the person and shot all on its own?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 02:00:01 PM »

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2022, 02:19:52 PM »
Curious.... do you think the gun pointed at the person and shot all on its own?

That's neither my job nor yours to decide. The investigation is on-going.

I was pointing out opinions expressed including angry, washed up, ego-centric, negligent. liar, criminal.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2022, 03:50:38 PM »
That's neither my job nor yours to decide. The investigation is on-going.

I was pointing out opinions expressed including angry, washed up, ego-centric, negligent. liar, criminal.

You are describing most so called news sites today. Mostly opinion, very little fact. Almost no fact checking.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)