Author Topic: John Wayne  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: John Wayne
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 04:04:38 PM »
Almost no fact checking.

yyyyep.  You know you are in the twilight zone when a talking head does not give multiple to legit sources.  Cant call that "News".  Folks still listen to them and give them weight.

We want Walter Conkite back man!  :rock

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 05:06:04 PM »
You are describing most so called news sites today. Mostly opinion, very little fact. Almost no fact checking.

Ya, funny how faith in journalism started heading to the crapper back in 2016.  :rolleyes:
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 05:32:54 PM »
I don't believe he stabbed anyone in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, Horse Soldier, or Fort Apache either (three of my favorites, as a cavalryman).  :old:
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 06:49:37 PM »
Well, the next time The Duke makes a good movie it will be the first time...

Communist.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 07:16:32 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 10:14:40 PM »
That's neither my job nor yours to decide. The investigation is on-going.

I was pointing out opinions expressed including angry, washed up, ego-centric, negligent. liar, criminal.

Busher, you remind of the guy who drives 55 in the left lane and won't yield to faster traffic on what he perceives as principle. Well, he isn't government traffic control and he is ignoring the law requiring one to actually be passing traffic to drive in the left (passing) lane. He sees himself as righteous, and everyone else as a usurper of his righteousness. Passive aggressive. Angry. Unhappy.

Baldwin's potential criminal issues will be determined by the Santa Fe DA. If he is charged and tried, his fate will rest with people like us. A jury of his peers. His civil liability will be decided by another jury. It's here where he is extremely vulnerable. If you have followed events closely, you might realize that the depth of his financial danger. His low budget film had even lower budget insurance.

Angry. Not an opinion. His anger was adjudicated by a court (November 2019), which ordered Baldwin to attend an anger management program. His many angry, often violent encounters with press, photographers and ordinary people have established him as an angry bully, and these run-ins were admitted and accepted as evidence by a New York City court hearing his assault and harassment case.

Washed up. Baldwin doesn't even make the IMBd list of C-list actors. He hasn't had a major starring role in over a decade. What remained of his career blew up with the shooting on the set of Rust. Any good will he may have had in Hollywood has utterly evaporated.

Ego-centric. In his nasty divorce with Kim Basinger, attorneys for Basinger presented a psychologist who had interviewed Baldwin. He described Baldwin as  "ego-centric, a textbook grandiose narcissist". 

Negligent. Virtually everything Baldwin did with that Colt revolver was negligent. He didn't check the gun to verify that it was either unloaded, or loaded only with blanks. As executive producer, he hired an inexperienced armorer, then saddled her with the full time job of prop master as well. Industry firearm standards were virtually ignored, per the crew's own statements. Baldwin pointed the gun at the director of photography. He cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger. He violated the four basic rules of gun safety, and should have known it. Now, he denies pulling the trigger. The problem is, that Colt design can only fire if the trigger is pulled. The Santa Fe Sheriff's office has stated that the Colt is in proper working order.
Thus:

He lied.

Criminal behavior. Thus far, Baldwin has refused to comply with a search warrant for his cell phone. If he returns to New Mexico, he faces arrest for ignoring the order, if the issuing judge so decides. Baldwin said that he will not give the Santa Fe Sheriff his phone's password, thus, he is, technically, in criminal contempt. Such evasive behavior will only hurt his ability to defend himself in civil court, where only a preponderance of evidence is required. This does not include the possibility that the Santa Fe DA may charge him with criminal negligence. That DA has stated that this remains on the table. Baldwin's lack of cooperation visa vi his phone, does nothing to diminish that possibility.

All the above are facts. No opinion.

Almost everyone in the firearms community believes that Baldwin should be charged with criminal negligence, at the minimum. He should have known better. He should have followed safety rules (see below) and industry protocol. He was negligent, someone died and another seriously injured. Someone is responsible. Baldwin is the most culpable. He hired the armorer. He overworked the inexperienced armorer. He handled the firearm without verifying it being safe. He fired the firearm. As an experienced shooter (well over 50 years), I agree with the above. I shoot and train several times weekly. In 2021, I fired nearly 11,000 rounds of handgun, rifle and shotgun ammunition. In 2020, over 14,000 rounds. Similar in prior years. No round ever went where I didn't want it to go. No negligent discharges. No accidents. Why? Safety, experience and training. None of which Baldwin demonstrated.

1. Always Keep Firearm Pointed in a Safe direction (fail)
2. Treat All Guns as Though They are Loaded (fail)
3. Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger until You are Ready to Shoot (fail)
4. Always Be Sure of Your Target and What’s Beyond It (fail)
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 10:42:44 PM »
yyyyep.  You know you are in the twilight zone when a talking head does not give multiple to legit sources.  Cant call that "News".  Folks still listen to them and give them weight.

We want Walter Conkite back man!  :rock

It worries me that fake news has spread to SCOTUS. During oral arguments, Justice Sotomayor stated: “We have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition and many on ventilators.”

Even the Washington Post called her out on that baloney. They stated: "That’s wildly incorrect, assuming she is referring to hospitalizations, given the reference to ventilators. According to HHS data, as of Jan. 8 there are about 5,000 children hospitalized in a pediatric bed, either with suspected covid or a confirmed laboratory test. This figure includes patients in observation beds. So Sotomayor’s number is at least 20 times higher than reality, even before you determine how many are in “serious condition.”'

Many of those children who have symptoms also suffer from underlying conditions, such as asthma or other childhood respiratory deficiencies. About 100 are preemies, who contracted Covid while in neonatal care.

It concerns me that someone who will help decide the most important legal and Constitutional cases of our time, brings utter nonsense to the hearing. She either believes it, or is deliberately speaking BS. In either case, I find this exceptionally disturbing. SCOTUS is supposed to be the finder of facts, wherein they make decisions. Espousing false facts is deeply troubling. I reckon SCOTUS needs fact checkers on staff.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2022, 10:42:52 PM »

Angry.

Washed up.

Ego-centric.

Negligent.

He lied.

Criminal behavior.

Seems rather ironically similar to another son-n-so. Let's see that `ol double standard in application. :cool:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2022, 10:44:59 PM »
It worries me that fake news has spread to SCOTUS. During oral arguments, Justice Sotomayor stated: “We have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition and many on ventilators.”

Even the Washington Post called her out on that baloney. They stated: "That’s wildly incorrect, assuming she is referring to hospitalizations, given the reference to ventilators. According to HHS data, as of Jan. 8 there are about 5,000 children hospitalized in a pediatric bed, either with suspected covid or a confirmed laboratory test. This figure includes patients in observation beds. So Sotomayor’s number is at least 20 times higher than reality, even before you determine how many are in “serious condition.”'

Many of those children who have symptoms also suffer from underlying conditions, such as asthma or other childhood respiratory deficiencies. About 100 are preemies, who contracted Covid while in neonatal care.

It concerns me that someone who will help decide the most important legal and Constitutional cases of our time, brings utter nonsense to the hearing. She either believes it, or is deliberately speaking BS. In either case, I find this exceptionally disturbing. SCOTUS is supposed to be the finder of facts, wherein they make decisions. Espousing false facts is deeply troubling. I reckon SCOTUS needs fact checkers on staff.

And a rather radical right turn just ... happens.  :huh

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 07:34:05 AM »

Hospitalizations for covid count regardless of why they were admitted...can you say broken arm with zero symptoms?

Same goes for all age groups...just jack that number as high as possible as that determines the depth of their control...

And the fact they get away with exaggerated claims or out right lies is the scary part..even scotus now

To have a discussion of the facts of this bloated over blown virus is considered almost criminal if you don't tow the line which is insane IMO. .

The news is gone...they can't even get the right crawl with the right story let alone all the facts of any story correct..

They are just activists now for one side or the other

All of which doesn't bode well for the future

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals