Author Topic: New Quest 2 User...  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Quest 2 User...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »
 :)  Another question for Quest users.
Do you have an Oculus button that brings up your Oculus settings that allow you a camera window of your desktop like the HP Reverb? That's dang helpful when I'm in AH and want to send a text etc.
As good as the Oculus software was when I was using the Rift, I'd be surprised if it wasn't available these days, so long as the HMD has a forward facing camera.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 10:08:40 AM »
Yeah... I've already decided that when I have CM duties, the Quest 2 is going to be tabled  :(

There is just too much keyboard interaction and while I am sure some of the NORMAL stuff can be handled with VoiceAttack, there will always be that quick text conversation that only a keyboard can handle.  The screen mirroring that I see on my desktop is what I'm looking in the headset, which means my text buffer is above my mirror, etc. so I just don't see it allowing me to be as effective.

Yeah...it'd just be nice to take it off for 5 minutes to grab a drink, maybe peek in and see where we're at on the screen, then put it back on. It seems so smooth on a platform like PS5. What got me thinking about it was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7qH9aXaa0U

I suppose it gets complicated with the text buffer and stuff. But it does actually show up on your monitor? That is good to hear. For you guys most of the stuff happens pre-flight so it'd be nice to just sit there like normal and come launch time, slip the headset on and immerse yourself.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2022, 10:10:36 AM »
:)  Another question for Quest users.
Do you have an Oculus button that brings up your Oculus settings that allow you a camera window of your desktop like the HP Reverb? That's dang helpful when I'm in AH and want to send a text etc.
As good as the Oculus software was when I was using the Rift, I'd be surprised if it wasn't available these days, so long as the HMD has a forward facing camera.
It looks like there is, at least in the stuff I've read, called "Passthrough". That's genius and something I didn't even think about!!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 10:23:10 AM »
Just read your last posts, I had to find and move both output and input text buffers to see them in the G2 but now everything is sweet.
Biggest issue for me was controllers with enough buttons. Once things like Esc, left mouse click, zoom and zoom CBM became apparent as critical, I really struggled map everything.

lol, that YouTube was hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:28:41 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001