Author Topic: New, former player. Introduction, Observations and Info about me  (Read 4918 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Hello

I've been back playing AH for few days.

I'm pretty old school, originally coming from Air Warrior to Aces High around 2001. I was pretty active on this forum as well. My old cpid and forum name was nuke.

First, I am playing AH on a new computer I've built. I built it for audio production, and decided to go with an onboard video card with the price of cards being so rediculous.
I was very pleased to find that AH is very playable on my integrated graphics card. Not super high frame rates, but a good 30-35 or more most of the time. Totally playable.

The game looks good. The game play seems to be better than when I left. Back then there were three main arenas.

I'm liking this. I like that there have been people that actually want to engage and fight.

I like the improvements that I've noticed. For instance, the kill messages being broadcast - which is similar to how AW was. I think it's great because it spurs interaction, in my opinion.

I also like the little heading display. I guess VR is the big thing. I might jump in and get the Oculus.

On a personal note - and this is not something I'm putting out there just because. Some people probably know me as nuke. In game and here. I'm a different person now. Literally. I live as a woman now - transitioned. I've seen some people saying stuff in the game on 200. I'm pretty thick skinned and I'm not a baby or anything.

It's not something I ever deal with in real life, because no one would guess I was ever a guy. It's not something I put in people's faces either.

I don't expect anything from anyone. It's when I run into people, like maybe some of you, that knew me from before I have to kind of deal with some stuff. Understandable.

And I never mentioned that I was nuke before in game, but I have a lot of friends who know me as  Gina - so that was apparently a thing almost as soon as I started flying.  Again, it's fine.

I'm just asking that you give me a chance before you judge. I'm a pretty easygoing, nice person.  I'll talk with you on vox or whatever.

Dale, thanks for keeping the game going for so long. I've been talking with John N and some others and they are probably going to come check it out again too.

Thanks you guys

Oh, my in game name is Gina. That's also my real name. I still stink at the game too.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:55:54 PM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: New, former player. Introduction, Observations and Info about me
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 01:51:39 PM »
 :salute

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »
and that's the problem with the whole transgender thing , they fell it's necessary to put it out there.  Your gender has nothing to do with this game or game play.  You might want to follow the example of all the heterosexual players in all the games in all the world, they don't introduce themselves as Heterosexual or identify gender.  Its not needed in the game.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 04:00:15 PM »
I brought it up because it was already brought up to me in the game by people that were saying things to me in game.

I would have never brought it up. I'm sure it's because of people that know me. It's nothing that I did that exposed it.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 04:18:06 PM »
Things are not always black and white.

Anyway. I'm playing the game again. I used to be nuke and now I'm Gina and I gave a polite explanation of that.

My goal was to let my friends know who I was and what happened. And also maybe to curtail some of the stuff that immediately started to happen in the game.

Hundreds of people know me from my forum. They know me as Gina and that I used to be nuke. I'm sure one or two of them mentioned it to other people in the game the other day so that's why I'm explaining it here. I'm not about making a ruckus and I didn't even say anything in the game. I keep to myself.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 04:21:58 PM »
I saw on 200 some of what you are referring to.

I’m not quite sure though that you didn’t start it with your first post here being you used to be Nuke, but now you’ve got boobs and your name is Gina.

I don’t care to bring any attention to it here or in game, however I do believe you put it out there first and attracted  the attention to it.

:salute & enjoy your return to AH!
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 04:46:24 PM »
Thanks

I've been having a lot of fun.

First couple of days I just flew a few times with a mouse to make sure my on board graphics would handle it.

Then I got serious and pulled my OLD CH gear from under my bed. That was all the energy I had for that day. The CH gear sat for another day, then I cleaned them up and plugged then in.

It's so funny how I kind of remembered where my main buttons were mapped. Like I was pressing certain buttons by instinct.

Now I've got my controls kind of mapped.

So far I'm just flying a runstang. I'm not good and have never been good, but I'll fight in it.

I got up very early today and flew for a couple of hours. Going to get groceries and fly again pretty soon

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:49:56 PM by -gg- »

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 05:01:38 PM »
and that's the problem with the whole transgender thing , they fell it's necessary to put it out there.  Your gender has nothing to do with this game or game play.  You might want to follow the example of all the heterosexual players in all the games in all the world, they don't introduce themselves as Heterosexual or identify gender.  Its not needed in the game.
I don't see why it was necessary to post what you did as from what I read it was for telling their old friends in here what is new with them as you would if you had not talked to someone in awhile.  Not everyone that plays this or any other game is Heterosexual I cannot for the life of me understand why certain people cannot help with putting others down that are not their view of normal all I have to say about that  :salute -gg- welcome back to the game!
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 06:13:01 PM »
welcome back Gina, most of us have boobs too, just like to put it out there  :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 06:25:29 PM »
Lol.

Thanks guys.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »
Welcome back, -gg-.   :cool:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 06:52:01 PM »
Welcome back Nuke/-gg-.  Enjoy the game again.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 07:05:56 PM »
gg, do you like to run bomber missions? There is a scenario coming up February 5 and you’re welcome to join in the fun. Five for an hour, three hours or Whatever you wish.

https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/target-for-today/current-or-next

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 07:08:43 PM »
Welcome back Gina.

If you see me in game...feel free to shoot me down. Everyone else does! But don't be surprised if I turn the tables.

I love a good fight.    :)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 07:12:39 PM »
Hey Semp...Man boobs? Someone mentioned that to me last summer in the pool. Started to work out but it's not helping. Must be old age...they are starting to sag a little.   :(