Author Topic: New to Quest2 and have questions  (Read 763 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
New to Quest2 and have questions
« on: January 28, 2022, 07:51:51 PM »
I just unboxed Quest2 yesterday. I created and account on FB, d/l'd the app on my PC and have an official cable from headset to the computer. My designated play area is set to go tho I understand that running AH3 in VR doesn't really require one, right?

So now I'm clueless as to what's next. How do I launch AH3 in VR and what do I do then? I feel like I'm back in 2001 sitting in the tower with no clue what to do....lol. Can someone point me to any "getting started" totorials?

Thanks  :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: New to Quest2 and have questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 10:03:01 PM »
Start Oculus. Start AH3. When it asks if you want to use Oculus click yes. Put the headset on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 06:24:32 AM »
My Vive pro setup is for standing or seated

It is setup for seated with AH

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »
Start Oculus. Start AH3. When it asks if you want to use Oculus click yes. Put the headset on.

It's just that easy.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 12:26:18 PM »

Making sure you are starting Version 11 vs. version 9
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:28:29 PM by SNO »
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 02:56:31 AM »
As per others.   What is next?  Resetting all your controls.   My Niece used My old RiftS and we had trouble getting her "Settings" to save in VR.  As some say, Assigning Controls, in the Tower seems to work for some folk. HELMET ON!!!! With clip board up, you will have a "Curser Dot" just hover over  option and RT click mouse....REMEBER to Apply/OK or whatever "You mean to do this prompt" lol   I got My Niece, the FULL CH1600 set-up. For some reason, we played heck getting Mapping to stay put. That worked for us. I guess NEXT...is remembering all your Button Mappings?     SORRY   NOT   SORRY :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 06:51:25 AM »
I've had my VR mappings randomly up and disappear on me a few times for no apparent reason. Everything would be unassigned. Once you're in VR the game creates another set of files it uses in VR. What I did to fix it was to copy the regular map files, delete the VR ones and rename the copies to the VR file names one at a time. That was the first couple of times thinking it was some oddball problem. Now I've made a backup saved to the desktop in case it happened again - - - it did!

You could do this right off and save a lot of time setting up your controls if you want them to be the same as you use on a monitor.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 12:24:10 PM »
I've had my VR mappings randomly up and disappear on me a few times for no apparent reason. Everything would be unassigned. Once you're in VR the game creates another set of files it uses in VR. What I did to fix it was to copy the regular map files, delete the VR ones and rename the copies to the VR file names one at a time. That was the first couple of times thinking it was some oddball problem. Now I've made a backup saved to the desktop in case it happened again - - - it did!

You could do this right off and save a lot of time setting up your controls if you want them to be the same as you use on a monitor.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I've seen some flakiness with that as well.  I had a suspicion it was to do with changing your settings in flight vs in tower.  I made a conscious decision to only mess with the settings in the tower and I haven't had it happen since.  YMMV, but it seemed to work for me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Online Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
Next... download VoiceAttack.  I'm still using the free version as I'm only adding things I discover are necessities.  As a keyboard user, I'm sure I will be going to a paid version soon. 

Years and years of typing .ef to exit has now become "exit flight" into the microphone.  Really liking it.

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012