Author Topic: Ukrainian/Russian dogfight  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ukrainian/Russian dogfight
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2022, 11:10:34 AM »
Both aircraft were Ukrainian... Not a dog fight. They were vectored in to deal with several SU-25s. Oddly, the Russians didn't provide top cover for most SU-25 sorties. As it is, the Russian bear has cornered a badger and he's angry.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 12:00:14 AM »
Is this the vid of Ukrainian mig-29s on the deck hunting bear? Or the video game?

Russia also flew their “elite” paratroopers into contested airspace and two big birds full of Russian paratroopers were shot down. That alone belies a critically dysfunctional command and control. Kyiv airport was promptly retaken by Ukrainian forces. Russia thus far has failed to achieve air superiority. I bet Russian ground forces are getting hammered by air strikes. Putin’s Chechen puss-bag friend was just killed along with the rest of the column of 50 vehicles he was with. You know you’re in a poo show when your airborne infantry are getting shot down. Always the same with these despots, like mafioso, surround themselves with sycophants and loyalist yes-men. After years of being insulated from reality the despot begins to believe their own propaganda.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 12:04:58 AM »
Is this the vid of Ukrainian mig-29s on the deck hunting bear? Or the video game?

Russia also flew their “elite” paratroopers into contested airspace and two big birds full of Russian paratroopers were shot down. That alone belies a critically dysfunctional command and control. Kyiv airport was promptly retaken by Ukrainian forces. Russia thus far has failed to achieve air superiority. I bet Russian ground forces are getting hammered by air strikes. Putin’s Chechen puss-bag friend was just killed along with the rest of the column of 50 vehicles he was with. You know you’re in a poo show when your airborne infantry are getting shot down. Always the same with these despots, like mafioso, surround themselves with sycophants and loyalist yes-men. After years of being insulated from reality the despot begins to believe their own propaganda.

The video Maw posted was the real footage of the low MiGs, not the DCS gameplay.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 12:12:05 AM »
Ukrainian mig-29 cleaning up the neighborhood.

https://youtu.be/h42d4fBKeBE

Title says it’s a Russian jet but it wasn’t.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 12:14:20 AM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 01:40:20 AM »
I notice that NATO has a lot of stuff circling near the Ukrainian border with Romania, tanks and AWACS included. I wonder if they're providing 'tips' ;)

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2022, 02:00:28 AM »
Ukrainian mig-29 cleaning up the neighborhood.

https://youtu.be/h42d4fBKeBE

Title says it’s a Russian jet but it wasn’t.

This one might be fake too. Mover and a couple other fighter pilots took a look at it and found a bunch of stuff was weird. That kid's scream though...
https://youtu.be/Zox71z5PxR8?t=322

Just before this clip they take a look at the OP clip and came to the same conclusion that it is a rejoin.

I'm not saying this kind of thing isn't happening, just that there are a lot of misinterpreted and outright fake videos making the rounds and very little verified info.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2022, 07:54:47 AM »
I notice that NATO has a lot of stuff circling near the Ukrainian border with Romania, tanks and AWACS included. I wonder if they're providing 'tips' ;)
Also saw an E-8 pop up yesterday which IMO is much more intriguing than the E-3s I’ve been seeing on a daily basis.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2022, 12:00:47 PM »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2022, 01:03:03 PM »
Sad news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYScakP1yqo

Maybe if it was lost in a pre-war incident I'd call it's loss "sad". But considering all the other damage done in Ukraine over the last few days, losing the An-225 is very small potatoes.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2022, 01:18:06 PM »
Also saw an E-8 pop up yesterday which IMO is much more intriguing than the E-3s I’ve been seeing on a daily basis.

Very intriguing, I noticed there was an F35 showing up yesterday. And one of the tanks is always doing laps very close to Moldova.

I was watching some info (on the Vice channel I think) about the UK shipping NLAWs over and trainers. I wonder how many 'advisors' have been left in Ukraine?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2022, 07:28:42 AM »
Very intriguing, I noticed there was an F35 showing up yesterday. And one of the tanks is always doing laps very close to Moldova.

I was watching some info (on the Vice channel I think) about the UK shipping NLAWs over and trainers. I wonder how many 'advisors' have been left in Ukraine?

Yeah, one of the US FB pages actually posted the F35 too - first time I've seen one with a transponder on. Obviously with 4-5 tankers flying about all day there's loads of fighters we don't see.  :bolt:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »
Yeah though the race tracks tend to give a bit of info away. I notice in the last 24 hours they seem to be turning their tracking off once near moldova (they being the the E3s). Right now I see some B-52s landing in England, is it normal for them to be advertising?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 02:46:22 PM by Vulcan »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2022, 01:34:28 AM »
The B52’s are taking part in the flyby for LBGTQ celebrations this week in Londistan….fact
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2022, 01:36:30 AM »
Maybe if it was lost in a pre-war incident I'd call it's loss "sad". But considering all the other damage done in Ukraine over the last few days, losing the An-225 is very small potatoes.

You... have an excellent point.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2022, 07:32:17 AM »
Yeah though the race tracks tend to give a bit of info away. I notice in the last 24 hours they seem to be turning their tracking off once near moldova (they being the the E3s). Right now I see some B-52s landing in England, is it normal for them to be advertising?
Yeah, they were flying around the Ukraine border the other day, a couple of them.

Also there are some MC-130s over there, which are Special Ops planes so not just your typical C-130. Caught my eye at least.

FlyKommando.com