Author Topic: AH Controller Modes  (Read 703 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
AH Controller Modes
« on: March 06, 2022, 12:07:56 PM »
Those 4 controller modes that are listed in the drop-down box, under 'Mode Selection' labelled: Mode 1 (Planes & Default), Mode 2 (Planes & Default), Mode 3 (Field & Ship Gunners) & Mode 4 (Bombardier & Chute), is what appears in brackets merely a suggestion or does that imply a restriction of operation exists in the game itself?

Are they essentially 4-separate channels of controller setting generating their own configurations files? Can I thoroughly bugger-around with Mode 2, for instance, without royally cocking-up my settings in Mode 1?

Sorry if this is a noobish  question. Forgot a lot and have a lot more potential controllers now.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: AH Controller Modes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 12:51:00 PM »
If you have it set on "auto mode switch" then when you switch to those functions, planes, vehicle bomber and so on the game will change to that mode.

On the other hand you can set each mode as you want and switch modes yourself. So you can set mode 2 to to a variant of mode 1 if you like and switch at will

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 12:52:03 PM »
Looking at the Settings folder for every <controller>.jsm file it shows four lines for every function available. If I'm right the four lines represent the four modes. Thus it would be logical that the modes are independent.

My settings have been set to copy the first mode to all modes so my .jsm files (they can be opened in Notepad) have identical lines.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 04:59:39 PM »
Are they essentially 4-separate channels of controller setting generating their own configurations files?

Yes, they are separate as Bizman said.
If the "Auto select mode" checkbox is checked, the stick map mode you've programed using the controller's drop down setup menu for the (1)fighter, (2)GV, etc will be auto selected to match use. This happens even if every button and axis is set to None.

If you're using VR, do the setup while in the tower only and don't go to a plane while in the controller window. Maybe this will be fixed soon.
Be sure to backup your controllers' .jsm files and set Protected once you're done with the setup.

If you're editing the .jsm files directly, as in copying the nonVR version to the VR_ version, don't overwrite the first two lines!

This is particularly useful if you GV for using a button to accelerate, slow, jump to gun, or commander position.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 05:01:52 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 06:57:55 AM »
I used to use the modes when I had an X52 that had a toggle to switch between them

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 03:02:35 AM »
Thank you, that's all tremendously helpful. As you might infer, I'm trying to do something weird  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0