Author Topic: GV Building interior access bug  (Read 1008 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
GV Building interior access bug
« on: March 11, 2022, 08:31:51 AM »
There is a bug that allows gv's to enter a building through the walls. They can still see out and shoot, while being invisible to the opponent, and the opponent not being able to shoot back at you. It appears on the surface to have something to do with the routine to get out of trees, as that is utilized to get into the building. It only appears to work on the large 3 story buildings in the villages.

BTW I did not discover this, it was shown to me by another player. This would be what I would describe as "gaming the game", and would unethical to use.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: GV Building interior access bug
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 12:13:29 PM »
Interesting.  Didn't work for me at first.  Had to switch to Bish.    :neener:

There are a couple of similar "tactics" that I won't explain here.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 12:33:56 PM »
I understand Kong, I had heard some rumblings about it, then  a fellow bish showed me what it was and how to do it. I was surprised to say the least, from my observations, it appears to have something to do with the coding to get unstuck from trees. Hopefully Hitech will check it out and correct it.

IMHO I think it would be unethical to utilize it as it is today. A quick dirty fix might be to set ALL buildings in game as destroyable, that might have other consequences though.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 05:08:21 AM »
They’re driving into the buildings when they’re destroyed and wait for the building to come back up around them.   
There was only one spot on one building where you could glitch inside when it’s still up but usually ends with an upside down vehicle.   
Still harder than getting your pilot into the tower.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 06:01:15 PM »
It is as Kenai described.

The buildings they are using are not able to be destroyed. Its on at least 3 maps that I know of. You can take the GVs out with HE but it sometimes takes a few minutes to zero in on which building they are in. They can see out but you cannot see in. You can only see where the shot is coming from.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 09:04:49 AM »
Lots of discussion, no action on hitech's part.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 09:12:41 AM »
This only can happen when a vehicle has walls very very close on each side and a third wall to drive against.   If the space wasn’t as tight, this would not happened.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 10:43:51 AM »
And the trees were kept equal by hatchet, axe, …………… and saw. 

You might not want the solution. 

If you’re creative, you can derive fun from hunting them.   

Cybro’s hides littered my stats and I had a lot of fun. 

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 08:24:54 AM »
There are 3 Maps that have this bug, Fjordma, Bowlma, and CraterMA. They all 3 use the same Terrain Tile set "Europe Summer", specifically tile #2 has the offending buildings. The buildings can be entered  from either end and exited.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 04:56:56 PM »
It is as Kenai described.

The buildings they are using are not able to be destroyed. Its on at least 3 maps that I know of. You can take the GVs out with HE but it sometimes takes a few minutes to zero in on which building they are in. They can see out but you cannot see in. You can only see where the shot is coming from.
What you need to do is not shoot at Tyfoo while hiding in a building. lol  Is this unethical? hmm Idk seems a bit strong to say it is unethical, you can kill the Gv. Well, not for me to say. Boy, I miss those Gv days playing against Dr7, Tyfoo, Mano, Fatty, Scott66, Luniatic, and many others. We would have some fun Hiding in buildings, climbing mountains and what not. Your Friend Airstud, <S>
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:00:00 PM by masterjock »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 07:32:32 AM »

« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:36:30 AM by icepac »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76