Author Topic: When VR is enabled controlls loose assignment  (Read 619 times)

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
When VR is enabled controlls loose assignment
« on: March 17, 2022, 12:51:31 PM »
So, i have the original run of the oculus rift. Fired up my rig and discovered with vr off all my controlls are mapped correctly. I have multiple peripheral devices for the cockpit so this is a little more tedious than your typical hotas setup. But when VR is on, not only are there no mapoings, but as im trying to map them back, the setup screen will close randomly, undoing any progress i had managed to make. Also, AH forgot mapping i had just assigned to the rig as i was mapping controlls further down the line. Get cardinal directions mapped, go on to triggers and buttons and it unassigned the axis controlls again before closing out randomly to the tower screen. I have spent some time re building my flight rig and currently im at a frustrating loss. Anyone else had this issue? I appreciate any and or all feedback, thankyou for your time.
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: When VR is enabled controlls loose assignment
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »
Going settings are separate from regular settings. Easiest way to set them up is go to the settings folder, make a copy of each jsm file and rename them for vr. Joystick.jsm becomes VR_Joystick.jsm. I think that's how they are labeled.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 08:07:57 PM »
Going settings are separate from regular settings. Easiest way to set them up is go to the settings folder, make a copy of each jsm file and rename them for vr. Joystick.jsm becomes VR_Joystick.jsm. I think that's how they are labeled.

ya I got a feeling we're going to be talking in a couple of months :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 08:11:43 PM »
So, i have the original run of the oculus rift. Fired up my rig and discovered with vr off all my controlls are mapped correctly. I have multiple peripheral devices for the cockpit so this is a little more tedious than your typical hotas setup. But when VR is on, not only are there no mapoings, but as im trying to map them back, the setup screen will close randomly, undoing any progress i had managed to make. Also, AH forgot mapping i had just assigned to the rig as i was mapping controlls further down the line. Get cardinal directions mapped, go on to triggers and buttons and it unassigned the axis controlls again before closing out randomly to the tower screen. I have spent some time re building my flight rig and currently im at a frustrating loss. Anyone else had this issue? I appreciate any and or all feedback, thankyou for your time.

The VR mapping problem is weird. I have the mouse buttons mapped to my joystick, that's helpful in VR.
As Fugi suggested you can copy your current files and add VR to the name if you can't map controls normally in VR.