Author Topic: Questions about Ports and Fleets  (Read 892 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Questions about Ports and Fleets
« on: March 18, 2022, 12:11:33 AM »
1). How long after a capital ship of a fleet is sunk, before the remaining ships of the group disappear?

2). What happens to a fleet out on patrol if the Port it is associated with is captured?  Doe it revert to enemy control?  Or disappear?

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
Re: Questions about Ports and Fleets
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 12:52:57 AM »
1) 10 min

2) If the port is captured the CV or Battleship associated with it must be sunk in order for it to revert to the team that captured the port.
Otherwise the fleet sails under the colors prior to the capture of the port.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 08:22:16 AM »
Thank you TyFoo!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 04:59:38 PM »
1) 10 min

2) If the port is captured the CV or Battleship associated with it must be sunk in order for it to revert to the team that captured the port.
Otherwise the fleet sails under the colors prior to the capture of the port.
Are you sure about that, I seem to remember times when we sank the ships and captured the port and the ships spawned under the new flag.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 05:46:57 PM »
Are you sure about that, I seem to remember times when we sank the ships and captured the port and the ships spawned under the new flag.

There is one port on Bowlma ( 34 IIRC ) that when the port is captured, the CV on respawn is converted, however that BB on respawn does NOT convert. That is a Map bug.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 06:23:11 PM »

Yes I am sure - Barring any anomalies, map bugs, famines, droughts, sunspots or rain.

If the Ships have been sunk first, prior to Port Capture, and have not respawned, and the Port is subsequently captured, the ships will respawn under the captured ports Colors.

If the Port is Captured first, and the ships HAVE NOT been sunk, then the ships "Under Normal Circumstances" would have to be sunk, and after 10min will respawn under the captured ports colors.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 03:58:57 PM »
Always wondered about this; do boats heal themselves up after getting damaged (but not sunk)?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »
Always wondered about this; do boats heal themselves up after getting damaged (but not sunk)?

Yes, I would assume it is the same time frame as a hanger, although I don't know that. The other components, Radar, Auto Ack, and manned guns have the same time frame as if they were at a base, which in effect a CV is.  Thus Radar and Auto Ack are affected by their strat condition.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 06:41:40 PM »
Yes, I would assume it is the same time frame as a hanger, although I don't know that. The other components, Radar, Auto Ack, and manned guns have the same time frame as if they were at a base, which in effect a CV is.  Thus Radar and Auto Ack are affected by their strat condition.

I agree about the guns although I am not 100% on rebuild time but it seems to be along the same line Kenai said. However, the rebuild time for the CV and the Cruiser " I " think is closer to an hour.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2022, 04:42:58 PM »

Healing time is half the base downtime of an object. Thus, a carrier heals all hull damage within 5 minutes, a cruiser or DD takes 30 minutes. That's why CV's often stay afloat after getting hit by a seemingly unreal amount of ords.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 01:19:13 AM »
Healing time is half the base downtime of an object. Thus, a carrier heals all hull damage within 5 minutes, a cruiser or DD takes 30 minutes. That's why CV's often stay afloat after getting hit by a seemingly unreal amount of ords.

That seems a bit suspiciously lob-sided in favour of the horde. Can take a lot more than 5-minutes to reload your next Exorcet. Can't you disable the ordinance - for example - like you can at another airfield?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234