Author Topic: The Butcher's Bill, One Month In  (Read 2948 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Butcher's Bill, One Month In
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 09:48:39 AM »
When are you going to get angry about Assad in Syria?

When he invades Turkey?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 12:32:50 PM »
The Afghans are culture locked.  They are the same as they were at the time of Alexander the Great.  The only thing that has changed is the weapons used.  No amount of money thrown at them will make a different until they change their own culture.  Nothing we do will make a difference.  They have to change organically.  That will take a couple of hundred years more.

Ukraine is a European culture.  Our system is not so foreign to them.  There is a much better chance of assistance actually doing some good there.  If we put the resources into it like we did West Germany, we would see similar results and it makes a great object lesson sitting on Russia's doorstep for it's citizens to stare at.  It's not a military threat Putin is scared of.  It's the juxtaposition of economic/political systems side by side.  It's the threat of comparison he fears. 

It's better to have countries as free, democratic, economic competitors. 

When was the last time two functioning democracies (especially trading partners) went to war against each other?  Not very often.  Usually one or both have to be an authoritarian of some type.  monarch, despot, junta, politburo, etc.

The problem is that the US and "the west" has become authoritarian. The government has spite it's own people and does what it wants. Look at the lockdowns in "The West". They have used Ukraine as a proxy for their bio industry to skirt the regulations that Nato is bound by. Where's all of that American AID money I didnt vote to send going? They used the Ukrainian people as sheilds for their agenda. "You better stop my sons investigations or you aint getting the AID". Think about all of the countries the US has invaded in the last 60 years. (For the good of their people) they say. That is authoritarian in nature even if you think its the right thing to do. Assad recently warned about who the US has actually been working with.The problem is the US population writes everything off the Russian military, Putin, and Assad has said as propaganda and doesn't want to listen. How can we come to any agreement with Russia if we don't take their side seriously in what they say? Why should Russia trust us after we blamed an entire US election on them? Nah, we will just blow up a theater with children in it and blame it on the Russians so we can make them look like the evil ones. Who cares if the Russian military said they didn't attack it. No one will believe them.

I do believe there is far more going on over there than any MSM wants to admit. They want Russia as a NWO country and using Ukraine and its people as a proxy to build up arms and force Russias hand so it gives the west an excuse to take him out. Notice how no military really wants to go over there and fight.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:45:33 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 12:39:17 PM »

Out of 120 battalion tactical groups deployed on Day 1, twenty have been completely annihilated.  Not a single vehicle is left.

I have to question your sources unless you know of someone imbedded with the russians.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 04:19:22 PM »
Depends on which side needs the war to continue the most and what ends they will take to accomplish that goal...

I don't believe either side 100%

False flag events from either side are possible - we would never know the truth of such event if they don't want us to know

The problem with a bias corrupt media and their buddies our "leaders"

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2022, 04:30:52 PM »
Depends on which side needs the war to continue the most and what ends they will take to accomplish that goal...

I don't believe either side 100%

False flag events from either side are possible - we would never know the truth of such event if they don't want us to know

The problem with a bias corrupt media and their buddies our "leaders"

Eagler

I tend to go with more what the Ukes say because the Russians should have over run the country by now.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2022, 04:46:37 PM »
The Afghans are culture locked.  They are the same as they were at the time of Alexander the Great.  The only thing that has changed is the weapons used.  No amount of money thrown at them will make a different until they change their own culture.  Nothing we do will make a difference.  They have to change organically.  That will take a couple of hundred years more.

Ukraine is a European culture.  Our system is not so foreign to them.  There is a much better chance of assistance actually doing some good there.  If we put the resources into it like we did West Germany, we would see similar results and it makes a great object lesson sitting on Russia's doorstep for it's citizens to stare at.  It's not a military threat Putin is scared of.  It's the juxtaposition of economic/political systems side by side.  It's the threat of comparison he fears. 

It's better to have countries as free, democratic, economic competitors. 

When was the last time two functioning democracies (especially trading partners) went to war against each other?  Not very often.  Usually one or both have to be an authoritarian of some type.  monarch, despot, junta, politburo, etc.

Very good points and well stated.  During the 80s conflict in Afghanistan, several senators toured the country on a 'fact finding mission.'  On their return, the one from Texas, I can't remember who, was interviewed by the great writer Molly Ivins.  When asked about the state of the Afghan military, the senator said, "Them c*cksuckers don't understand anything but bombs and bullets."  I have several friends who have done at least one tour in the Middle East since the latest fracas began.  They all say that senator hit the nail on the head.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2022, 04:54:23 PM »
The problem is that the US and "the west" has become authoritarian. The government has spite it's own people and does what it wants. Look at the lockdowns in "The West". They have used Ukraine as a proxy for their bio industry to skirt the regulations that Nato is bound by. Where's all of that American AID money I didnt vote to send going? They used the Ukrainian people as sheilds for their agenda. "You better stop my sons investigations or you aint getting the AID". Think about all of the countries the US has invaded in the last 60 years. (For the good of their people) they say. That is authoritarian in nature even if you think its the right thing to do. Assad recently warned about who the US has actually been working with.The problem is the US population writes everything off the Russian military, Putin, and Assad has said as propaganda and doesn't want to listen. How can we come to any agreement with Russia if we don't take their side seriously in what they say? Why should Russia trust us after we blamed an entire US election on them? Nah, we will just blow up a theater with children in it and blame it on the Russians so we can make them look like the evil ones. Who cares if the Russian military said they didn't attack it. No one will believe them.

I do believe there is far more going on over there than any MSM wants to admit. They want Russia as a NWO country and using Ukraine and its people as a proxy to build up arms and force Russias hand so it gives the west an excuse to take him out. Notice how no military really wants to go over there and fight.

In the eastern hemisphere, most American 'foreign aid' is in the form of military hardware or personnel.  The exceptions are Israel and Egypt.  We pay them equal amounts in cash to not attack one another.

In the west, most foreign aid is in the form of money (as well as military hardware and personnel) to engage in drug interdiction.  My wife's nephew last assignment before retiring from the U.S. Army, was in South America, making sure the various governments were spending the money we gave them the way they said they would.  Before that, he was in Central America, following the narcos around while they kicked in the doors of farmhouses.  Torre said they never went after the big operators because they liked their wives and children alive.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2022, 07:14:34 PM »

When are you going to get angry about Assad in Syria? September

When he crosses that red line drawn that if he uses chemical weapons then we will attack.

Errr, ohhh, dang. 
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2022, 03:36:05 AM »
In the eastern hemisphere, most American 'foreign aid' is in the form of military hardware or personnel.  The exceptions are Israel and Egypt.  We pay them equal amounts in cash to not attack one another.

In the west, most foreign aid is in the form of money (as well as military hardware and personnel) to engage in drug interdiction.  My wife's nephew last assignment before retiring from the U.S. Army, was in South America, making sure the various governments were spending the money we gave them the way they said they would.  Before that, he was in Central America, following the narcos around while they kicked in the doors of farmhouses.  Torre said they never went after the big operators because they liked their wives and children alive.

A really great friend of mine I grew up with as a kid got his doors kicked in, and his dad was tackled on his own lawn. For selling pain pills. He was 17. I told him to stop when he had 5k in his room, but he couldnt, the addiction. He spent 3 years in prison. Where they tattooed "baptized in dirty water" across his chest. He left prison a gang member where he then got caught for driving meth and herion as a drug mule 2 years later and is now serving 5-7. Forgot to turn the blinker on.

You know. I'm real lucky I didn't end up in Prison.

I respect the law and support those brave men you speak of. But they aren't taking out "the real problem". Because even you admit they are scared of their families. That's a problem. That is not ending the threat. Kids shouldn't have access to meth and herion.

Our military shouldn't be scared.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2022, 06:42:53 AM »
I tend to go with more what the Ukes say because the Russians should have over run the country by now.

Says who?

I haven't seen Putin battle plan...pretty sure not many have

It might be going exactly as he wants it to be

I don't think he is losing anything,  he just hasn't "won" yet ..whatever that truly turns out to be

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2022, 06:50:17 AM »
Says who?

I haven't seen Putin battle plan...pretty sure not many have

It might be going exactly as he wants it to be

I don't think he is losing anything,  he just hasn't "won" yet ..whatever that truly turns out to be

Eagler

It's not hard to look at what actions were taken when and draw the conclusion that Putin tried one course of action and it failed, then another and failed again and is now trying a third.  If someone was following a viable plan all along they would not change directions after failing badly.  The "it was his plan all along" narrative has been the recent push from Russian propaganda outlets and does not make sense when comparing those words to actual actions.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 07:08:02 AM »
When he invades Turkey?

Afghanistan biggest lithium reserves in the world and Chinese have moved in to mine it, have a guess who’s presidents son owns 10% of said company :rofl

Who is pushing green battery power in the US :rofl

This is why they need to control the internet  :rofl

You people :rofl

That will be in September

You people cannot correlate why you are told to hate Syria,Iran,Iraq and Libya :rofl

You have no concept of Nation States have you and the ramifications to the West :rofl

Tall man bad
Orange man bad
Russian man bad
Fat man bad
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 07:16:28 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2022, 07:33:00 AM »

Our military shouldn't be scared.

I may not have been clear on that point.  Torre said it was the 'native' narcos who were afraid to tackle the big cartels, not the US Military.  This all happened in Guatemala, Costa Rica, Belize, and El Salvador.  I don't remember him mentioning Panama or Mexico.  We don't send aid to Mexico, they just come here to get it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »
Just saying you can lose and still win

I have no clue why he invaded so I would not guess if it's going as planned or not..

Some think it's all just a huge front at the expense of the Ukrainians

Many things can and are blamed on war ...see our lying bias media for current examples

Eagler

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2022, 08:17:35 AM »
Just saying you can lose and still win

I have no clue why he invaded so I would not guess if it's going as planned or not..

Some think it's all just a huge front at the expense of the Ukrainians

Many things can and are blamed on war ...see our lying bias media for current examples

Eagler

I don't think you and I differ in our views about MSM etc.  All I'm saying is to be careful as propaganda comes from all directions and it's easy to lose perspective.

I don't see how Putin can "win" unless UA capitulates and unless something dramatic happens I doubt it's going to happen soon.  Most likely, Putin's incredibly incompetent military will refocus on the Donbass regions and slog it out from there.  Putins' best case scenario is a very costly prevailing and it seems that his prospects will continue to degrade with time.