Author Topic: Beating a Deadhorse... The Incomplete Tempest  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beating a Deadhorse... The Incomplete Tempest
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2022, 06:44:51 AM »
Hands down, without question Dale has set the standard for VR Flying.. And when it comes to flying with Touch, it shoud be the industry standard for all others to follow. Dale is a genius. IL2 cant touch AH nor can DCS or MSFS..

I personally think if Dale did reappear and give the game a push with updates and catching up with tech it would really go a long way towards increasing and retaining membership.  Or, as was mentioned, sell it to someone that has the passion and drive to continually improve like they were doing when I opted out for a while 10 years ago. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2022, 09:24:10 PM »
Eagler, I have a $300 HOTAS , You are suggesting that I stop using the method of controls that I enjoy using So I can fly a plane that is clearly unfinished, making the game incomplete? So what you are saying is just suck it up and move on? May I pay just 95% of the subscription cost to reflect the 95% complete product?
 You seem to think that I am too cheap to buy a HOTAS? I've been using Flight Sticks since the early 90's brother. I LIKE USING THE TOUCH to fly.. Its a personal choice. I literally cant believe you told me to just suck it up and be happy with the unfair advantage you have over me in th4e game.. Thanks Eagler.. Appreciate it.

P.S. Star,, I get under everybodies skin...

Well you can rail against almost anything that aint going to change if you like.  I personally like to be more productive with my time.  I mean it's a free forum for expressions of views but if, after 5 years of being disappointed, I don't think your rants are going to do a heck of a lot of good. Sorry.  But you do you :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2022, 12:40:40 AM »
He still hasn't answered my question.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 04:00:00 AM »
I don't think there's anyone around to do the modelling anymore Buzz  :frown:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 07:30:32 AM »

I was interested in the answer to this as well, only because I found it extremely funny to think of wearing VR controllers on your feet, then I searched... well holy crap

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2022, 08:53:55 AM »
As vr expands expect "controllers" for many body parts lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2022, 03:36:46 PM »

Eagler

Nope... I'm not going to do it... nope...

:noid
ok... opening Google now
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2022, 08:58:11 PM »

Eagler

and there goes the institution of marriage and the rise of the onlyfans etc girls that will make bank :)

Edit and yep Alpo... Ready Player One alludes to that quite heavily (the movie I never read the book)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 09:00:17 PM by Dichotomy »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2022, 09:44:11 PM »
and there goes the institution of marriage and the rise of the onlyfans etc girls that will make bank :)

Edit and yep Alpo... Ready Player One alludes to that quite heavily (the movie I never read the book)

If I recall, in Brave New World it was called "the Feelies."

Good times ahead!

- oldman

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2022, 05:57:04 AM »
not fond of the idea of having to clean out the full haptic suit after personally. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 03:44:37 AM »
not fond of the idea of having to clean out the full haptic suit after personally.
EWEEE  YUCK :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2022, 09:12:31 PM »
you're telling me..

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2022, 04:36:38 AM »
you're telling me..
QUE...Pumma44, and his 'Poopy Suit' Post/ Story!!!! :devil  GD!!! I love you Fellers!!!  I am DONE..with Diaper Duty!  Some body, gonna have to wipe yer arse...but not gonna be Me!   :devil Alas..it was lost in Translation :aok Bernie Mac..had a skit about that..wish I could find it!??? HILLARIOUS :rock  Last situation:" I don't care, if you have to back up into a Car Wash!  Pay Yo Money and look for Under Carriage Treatment? Yeah..thats what you need! Some Body gonna need to wipe your ass..but aint gonna be me!"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:43:53 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 03:26:45 AM »

Sorry for the long delay Vulcan.. For the rudders I use the thumbstick on my left touch controller. Works well enough once you learn the sensativity of the thumbstick.

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2022, 03:28:32 AM »
I don't think there's anyone around to do the modelling anymore Buzz  :frown:

Sadly I agree.. I wish I knew how to model it, I would do it myself.