Author Topic: Douglas A-26 Invaders!  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Douglas A-26 Invaders!
« on: April 19, 2022, 07:41:20 PM »
Definitely want to throw this one out there, I would LOVE to see the Douglas A-26 Invader added to Aces High 3. It's forgotten in the vast majority of history books, but I work on one in real life, and I will tell you right now that they are fascinating planes!
Very fast, I might add....
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Douglas A-26 Invaders!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 07:44:33 PM »
It would go great in the new Korean War arena with the Sabre and Mig.  :D

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 07:50:57 PM »
It would go great in the new Korean War arena with the Sabre and Mig.  :D

Methinks I smell some leg-pulling....  :huh

I mean, the Invaders did make it to Europe in late 1944. Sure it wasn't the height of the action but they were there for several months before VE Day.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 07:57:05 PM »

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 08:21:18 AM »
How are you managing to work on one in real life?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 05:44:38 PM »
How are you managing to work on one in real life?

I volunteer! We're all volunteers on the Special Kay crew. We operate out of Meacham Field in Fort Worth.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 05:47:25 PM by Tig »
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 07:02:33 PM »
I volunteer! We're all volunteers on the Special Kay crew. We operate out of Meacham Field in Fort Worth.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice place. Loved visiting it.  :cheers:

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 10:04:43 PM »
Nice place. Loved visiting it.  :cheers:

:cheers:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 08:05:04 AM »

You lucky dog!   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 01:34:30 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Wait what?  You've got an A26 at Meacham?  Any way I can arrange to see that bad girl in person?

Edit and yes the A26 is one I've long wished they added to the list of platforms.  I think she'd be fun to 'fly' :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 01:56:57 PM »
Wait what?  You've got an A26 at Meacham?  Any way I can arrange to see that bad girl in person?

Edit and yes the A26 is one I've long wished they added to the list of platforms.  I think she'd be fun to 'fly' :)

We've got two!
One is a Commemorative Air Force A-26B Invader, "Night Mission", and ours is the only airworthy B-26K Counter Invader, Special Kay!

https://vintageflyingmuseum.org/
We're based at the Vintage Flying Museum, come on out and find me! I'm the only kid with a black Special Kay t-shirt there, I usually wear my combat pants and boots too, so find me if you can ;)
Admission ain't bad either, $10 per adult to get a glimpse into one of the most active warbird operations in the United States!
We actually just did engine runs and gear swings last weekend, I even got to do the gear swings myself, which was very special seeing as I'm the most junior crewmember!
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 08:28:41 PM »
We've got two!
One is a Commemorative Air Force A-26B Invader, "Night Mission", and ours is the only airworthy B-26K Counter Invader, Special Kay!

https://vintageflyingmuseum.org/
We're based at the Vintage Flying Museum, come on out and find me! I'm the only kid with a black Special Kay t-shirt there, I usually wear my combat pants and boots too, so find me if you can ;)
Admission ain't bad either, $10 per adult to get a glimpse into one of the most active warbird operations in the United States!
We actually just did engine runs and gear swings last weekend, I even got to do the gear swings myself, which was very special seeing as I'm the most junior crewmember!

Tig I will DM you a week before I'm on my way.  I live an hour and a half from there but damn a chance to see a 26 in person would be awesome.  I'll be the guy in a black t-shirt, justin ropers, and either a black ball cap or my trusty resistol cowboy hat.  But I do need to get out of this one horse town for a bit and going to see a bird that I've admired for years sounds like proper motivation :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 03:57:11 PM »
Tig I will DM you a week before I'm on my way.  I live an hour and a half from there but damn a chance to see a 26 in person would be awesome.  I'll be the guy in a black t-shirt, justin ropers, and either a black ball cap or my trusty resistol cowboy hat.  But I do need to get out of this one horse town for a bit and going to see a bird that I've admired for years sounds like proper motivation :)

Sounds great! Saturdays are the best day to come out, that's when I'm there, and it's also the most active day for us.
Look forward to seeing you there, Dichotomy!
Turn n' Burn!

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 12:44:50 PM »
We use to live just down the road in White Settlement and stopped in around 11 years ago.  Nice little air museum, my son had a blast.  There was one of those half scale F4u from War Aircraft Replicas in the process of being built there. Do you know if that was ever completed TIG?
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 05:31:05 PM »
We use to live just down the road in White Settlement and stopped in around 11 years ago.  Nice little air museum, my son had a blast.  There was one of those half scale F4u from War Aircraft Replicas in the process of being built there. Do you know if that was ever completed TIG?

Sadly I've never seen a 1/2 scale Corsair at the museum. I first visited in 2015. I do remember a Fokker Dr. 1 replica, that's the only replica I can think of.
Turn n' Burn!