Author Topic: Saitek pedals  (Read 487 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Saitek pedals
« on: May 15, 2022, 02:38:10 AM »
Yesterday I thought I'd join the Eurocon players and dug my controllers out from the storage where they had been since our last meeting.

Everything else worked fine but Windows couldn't recognize the Saitek ProFlight pedals. The Device Manager showed an unrecognized USB device. Searched for drivers and actually there were some on the Logitech page. When I tried to install them I got to an image with a USB connector and the "Next" button was greyed. Maybe that illustration meant that I should connect the pedals to the computer? Anyhow, didn't work.

I also found a workaround from someone who had suffered the same: Replace the original chip with an Arduino board, easy and inexpensive. Not doable on a Saturday night, though...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Saitek pedals
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 08:36:41 AM »
Don't know if these are the same pedals you have, but these are what I use.  I got the driver from here. Saitek Pedal Driver (make sure to select Windows 10, or it will say there are no downloads available.)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 09:18:47 AM »
Thanks Coogan, that's exactly the same page I found and downloaded the drivers from.

After further reading the instructions I found out that they indeed want you to plug the USB in only after the program asks for it. So maybe, maybe if I had removed the faulty USB device, rebooted, started the installer and plugged the pedals in when the cryptic picture with the greyed "Next" button appeared, it might have worked. A new Logitech program numbered similarly to the latest W10 drivers has appeared on my Desktop and it says there's no drivers installed.

What puzzles me the most is that the pedals didn't require any drivers when I last used them!
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 10:04:35 AM »
I believe you're correct.  I remember that I had to start the driver installation first and then plug in the pedals, when prompted.
Do your pedals feel smooth when you push them?  Mine are kinda grinding a little.  Don't think that's normal.  :confused:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 11:21:36 AM »
My pedals have quite little playing hours behind them and yesterday they felt fully normal. Nothing like a wire being pinched somewhere.

Oh well, guess I'll give that another thought when I feel like flying again. Maybe we'll manage to have a meeting in the Autumn.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 11:41:07 AM »
Yeah, it's either a wire pinched someplace or dog hair.  Got lot's of that around here.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 11:52:55 AM »
No dog hair in my case and the mouse we caught here yesterday can't be blamed either. The pedals have been stored in a "locked" plastic container box since our last mini meeting a year ago so even dust bunnies are out of the question.

The drivers available are dated 2018 but no drivers have been needed so far. It might also be a USB power issue, I didn't plug the pedals into the very same USB port I've normally used.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 12:20:10 PM »
Are you sure its not a USB port issue?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 12:37:34 PM »
As said, I didn't plug them into the same port as usual. The reason is that the cable is too short or my computer is too far away.

Nevertheless, I won't bother until there's a reason to try again.

Kotisivuni