Author Topic: Any Opentrack/Smoothtrack users?  (Read 569 times)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Any Opentrack/Smoothtrack users?
« on: April 26, 2022, 08:11:43 AM »
Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with opentrack paired with the smooth track app for input with a phone camera?

I have been trying to get it to work properly for me but I am finding a lot of chop and lag issues when I get into fights.

For now I just went back to hat views but I would love to get this working in game. Any help would be great!
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Any Opentrack/Smoothtrack users?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 10:43:17 AM »
I've been using it for about a year or so.  Not in AHIII, as I've never figured out how to get it to work in game.
It works pretty good in MSFS-2020 for me.  I didn't do anything special to the settings, but it's no too bad.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:28:19 PM »
Would the age/power of the processor in the phone make a difference?

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »
It might, my phone's actually pretty new Samsung Galaxy S20 (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585). I wonder if it might have more to do with my settings in Opentrack than anything or if there's just an inherent latency issue because it uses the network(UDP) to transmit from the phone to opentrack and then into the game while all other UDP packets pop in with player's appearing etc.

I suspect this is the trade-off to using this kind of connection vs TrackIR where you connect the tracking input to the computer using USB?

Was just curious if anyone else had this combo and has run into these kinds of issues.
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 10:58:45 AM »
I used it for a while before I got my trackir in the mail.

It's just laggy and not very good. You won't be able to fix it.

Best to just bite the bullet and get trackir.

If you need any help setting that up, let me know and I can walk you through it.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 11:18:00 AM »
One thing I adjusted was the max input range on open track. I've made some incremental adjustments to the scaling too. Seems to work more or less for me now.

Agreed, it does not compare to trackIR but it sure saved me a lot of money in the interim.  :D
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"