Author Topic: Interests and hobbies! What are yours?  (Read 4878 times)

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
Re: Interests and hobbies! What are yours?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 07:43:48 PM »
That's a full, good life! Good for you.

The writing thing is very impressive, and even breaking even at doing something you love is more than worth it in my book. Being published. Just awesome!

My day was busy, and I missed this in the morning.  Yes, it has been a full life.  I'm 63 and I have a major health crisis every thirty years or so.  I figure, since this last one is pretty much in the books, I'm good up to 100, maybe.

But after reading your list of 'things,' I thought, "Dang, if this gal owned half interest in a liquor store, I might have to look her up!"  Keep living the good life, because this is not a rehearsal.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »
Beautiful job on that panther Fugitive. Thought about converting it to rc?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 04:57:54 PM »
I hunt down along the Texas border. I have some nice sandal mounts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2022, 06:14:49 PM »

I collect WWII aircraft prints.  I now have nine of them from the living-room  to the bedroom.  Hey...I couldn't do that stuff when I was married!

I collect antique table radios from the 1930s thru the 1950s.  Yes..they all work.  MY Grandson asked if he could hear one play......so he picked the 1938 Zenith.  He turned it on and immediately said it was broke.  I informed him if he would wait a minute or two it would play.  He wasn't familiar with vacuum tubes from back in the day.  ;)

History.......of any kind. from my families history (while investigating I found out my Great Grandfather and his brother, my Great uncle were in the Ohio 6th Army during the Civil War and both were in the Oho 6th Cavalry which was at the Battle of Gettysburg. The 56th FG also.........I am a voracious reader on aircraft from WWII. I own many books on the subject. I also have many model aircraft from the era everywhere but in the bathroom  :D

I've been a gearhead since the mid sixties and have owned several muscle cars since (drove my wife nuts...I had to get rid of a few because the used to much gas.....women eh?)
I still own a muscle car but it is of the recent vintage only driven during the summer......a Dodge Challenger Hellcat.  Yep......I may be 72 but I still like my toys  :aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 08:56:22 PM »
Beautiful job on that panther Fugitive. Thought about converting it to rc?

Did you read the part where I said I am married to the same woman for 40 years???? There are certain prices to pay for that and building RC into my models isnt one of them...... yet   :devil

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 08:35:09 AM »

I've been a gearhead since the mid sixties and have owned several muscle cars since (drove my wife nuts...I had to get rid of a few because the used to much gas.....women eh?)
I still own a muscle car but it is of the recent vintage only driven during the summer......a Dodge Challenger Hellcat.  Yep......I may be 72 but I still like my toys  :aok

One of my cousins married a man and then insisted that he sell his Ferrari.  The rest of us wanted to have her burned at the stake as a witch.  Her first husband drove a Porshe 914, and she made him get rid of that.  They divorced the next year.  C.O Jones versus no C.O. Jones.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 09:54:49 AM »
My hobby is stealing womens underwear off washing lines :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2022, 01:56:47 AM »
Been a lotta places, done a few things, have a few t-shirts gathered along the way. Hiya Hajo :) You and I are 'middle-aged' looks like :) A lot of similar interests. I'll be 72 in May :)

Gearhead.. ohh yaa. Still have my NHRA license :) Sadly, muscle cars are gone. I finally let Kathy pick out our last car and she tackled it like a project doin all the research, surprised me .. and ended up getting us a Honda CRV. -embarrassed look- I ..umm .. kinda like it :) (ducks)
I do miss drivin the Hemi R/T Challenger (Hellcat sounds like it would be FUN) ..and I miss the Corvettes. Go-carts on steroids.

Very sucked into Cities:Skylines atm. Puzzle-solving city builder. Kind of my primary 'thing' these days. Kathy got me a laptop that just buried my old beast of a desktop in every aspect. I am hammered dog poop after having a lung removed, kinda slowed me down, so I have the laptop on a pillow on my chest most days an just rock on. Lookin forward  to Forza 8, should be interesting makin scrap metal out of some of those cars :)

Enjoy the day :)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2022, 02:06:09 AM »
My favorite of all the hobbies I have is beer brewing. Nothing like sitting back with a brew made  with my own 2 hands and time. Not to mention the uniqueness of the flavors that larger brewers will never try.

Others include: woodworking, fishing, keeping fish (this is more of an addiction with 6 tanks), just started rc planes, camping, pretty much love tinkering with anything i can get my hands on.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2022, 06:32:02 AM »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2022, 09:13:33 AM »
Shooting, mostly steel plates.
Reloading, because you'll shoot more, and it's fun to develop a load for a specific rifle.
3d printing, I just started playing around with it. Surprisingly, it fits well with reloading.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2022, 10:14:06 AM »
Been a lotta places, done a few things, have a few t-shirts gathered along the way. Hiya Hajo :) You and I are 'middle-aged' looks like :) A lot of similar interests. I'll be 72 in May :)

Gearhead.. ohh yaa. Still have my NHRA license :) Sadly, muscle cars are gone. I finally let Kathy pick out our last car and she tackled it like a project doin all the research, surprised me .. and ended up getting us a Honda CRV. -embarrassed look- I ..umm .. kinda like it :) (ducks)
I do miss drivin the Hemi R/T Challenger (Hellcat sounds like it would be FUN) ..and I miss the Corvettes. Go-carts on steroids.

Very sucked into Cities:Skylines atm. Puzzle-solving city builder. Kind of my primary 'thing' these days. Kathy got me a laptop that just buried my old beast of a desktop in every aspect. I am hammered dog poop after having a lung removed, kinda slowed me down, so I have the laptop on a pillow on my chest most days an just rock on. Lookin forward  to Forza 8, should be interesting makin scrap metal out of some of those cars :)

Enjoy the day :)

Hiyas GE!  Great to see you again!  I do hope all is well with you and yours.  We may age, and think that when we wake up in the morning we are still 19.  Then...we have to get out of bed  :rofl

When the boy dies in the man, so does the man. 

Keep well old friend from AW.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2022, 10:02:12 AM »
Aside from work and being a part-time dad (divorced), reenacting and hiking/climbing.

Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
I knew you guys would have interesting hobbies! I love seeing all these posts.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.